Today as part of the promotional tour through Teen Book Scene I have Kody Keplinger joining me on the blog to give us the top ten roles she'd love to have in a film. Thanks so much for stopping by Kody!
TOP TEN FILM CHARACTERS I'D LOVE TO PLAY
As a kid, my mom was super supportive of my writing. However, she was also realistic. She warned me that writing was a tough career to get into and that I needed a backup plan. Sound advice, right?
Not so sound was my choice in backup. My plan B? Acting! Yeah, I was a smart kid, obviously.
But I really do love to act. Whether I’m any good or not is another issue. Anyway, as someone who both loves to act and loves great characters, I figured a top ten list of film character’s I’d love to play would be fun!
10. Elizabeth Bennett, Pride & Prejudice - There are a million film adaptations of this book, and I just wish I were in one of them! Lizzie is strong, flawed, and from a time period of pretty dresses. Also, she snogs Darcy eventually. Win.
9. Kathryn, Cruel Intentions - CI is my favorite movie of all time. Kathryn is one of the most devious, wicked characters and she’s also stylish. It would be fun to be a villain like her!
8. Padme, Star Wars: Episodes 1-3 – I know people slam the prequels, but Padme was awesome. I’d love to make her even more badass.
7. Beatrix Kiddo, Kill Bill 1&2 – She’s a former assassin. She’s totally kickass. What more can I say? I want to rock the katana!
6. Kat, 10 Things I Hate About You – Kat is the most sassy, snarky, cool girl character in a teen comedy. Of COURSE I want to play her! I idolized her so much growing up. Go young feminists!
5. Michelle, American Pie – “And one time, at band camp . . . “ Yeah, I just think doing this would have been fun. Michelle cracks me up.
4. Ariandne, Incepetion – This is really just about kissing Joseph Gordon Levit. We’ll leave it at that.
3. Buffy Summers, Buffy the Vampire Slayer (film-) – I know, I know. The movie wasn’t great. But the list was film, not TV, and I really just want to be Buffy.
2. Scarlet O’Hara, Gone with the Wind – Hey, I do have the southern accent! And Scarlet is such a wonderfully complex character. I would be a challenge, but so fun.
1. Juno, Juno – Snarky. Adorable. Pregnant . . . Okay, well, the first two are appealing at least. The last not so much. But hey, if I’m just PLAYING the role, then its only a fake belly! Who wouldn’t want to be Juno, though? She’s one of the most loveable characters of the past few years. I would love to work with some of that dialogue!
SHUT OUT (from Goodreads)
Most high school sports teams have rivalries with other schools. At Hamilton High, it's a civil war: the football team versus the soccer team. And for her part, Lissa is sick of it. Her quarterback boyfriend, Randy, is always ditching her to go pick a fight with the soccer team or to prank their locker room. And on three separate occasions Randy's car has been egged while he and Lissa were inside, making out. She is done competing with a bunch of sweaty boys for her own boyfriend's attention.
Lissa decides to end the rivalry once and for all: she and the other players' girlfriends go on a hookup strike. The boys won't get any action from them until the football and soccer teams make peace. What they don't count on is a new sort of rivalry: an impossible girls-against-boys showdown that hinges on who will cave to their libidos first. And Lissa never sees her own sexual tension with the leader of the boys, Cash Sterling, coming.