Today I'm absurdly excited to be a part of the promotional blog tour for the second installment of Gena Showalter's White Rabbit Chronicles, Through the Zombie Glass. I read Alice in Zombieland last year and absolutely adored it, and I may or may not have fallen madly in love with romantic lead Cole. Okay, there's really no "may not" about it, I love him. Utterly. Completely. My job here today is to list 5 reasons why I harbor such intense feelings for him and, in doing so, hopefully show those of you who have yet to meet him the error of your ways ;-)
Before I thoroughly embarrass myself with my lovesick ramblings and general fangirling over Cole though, I want to mention that the girls of Kismet Book Touring have put together a phenomenal tour for this book with AMAZING grand prize and daily giveaways, so be sure and check the bottom of this post for full blog tour schedule as well as all the details on the giveaways.
And now, let's talk about Cole.
MY 5 REASONS WHY COLE IS SO SWOON-WORTHY
- The Hotness Factor - I'm starting with this one because it's the most obvious. Who doesn't enjoy crushing on someone who makes forming coherent sentences in their presence nearly impossible? Though I've of course never been in Cole's presence, I imagine if he were real my mouth would betray me by failing to form words at the most opportune of moments. Maybe he's attracted to drooling, sputtering women though? There's been no evidence of that in the books since Ali is strong and stunning and a fighter through and through, but I'm not giving up hope that he finds reduced mental faculties and severe social impediments to be turn-ons.
- Ink - Not everyone finds tattoos sexy, but I'm 100% in favor of them. Especially on someone like Cole who has an edge to him that lets you know in no uncertain terms that his life is an extremely rocky road, and the woman who wants to partner with him to walk it will have to be in possession of some serious skills and mental fortitude. *straps on hiking boots, packs bag and compass, and sets off to find Cole*
- Fighting Prowess - There's something inherently attractive about a man with the skill set to protect those who aren't able to do so themselves. Cole is more than proficient in hand to hand combat and is adept with numerous weapons, and though he can certainly be aggressive when the situation calls for it, he's not the type who seeks out a fight just for the sake of fighting. He trains to battle a very specific and terrifying enemy, never picking fights out of a need to stroke his ego or prove himself to be better than someone else.
- Intensity - Cole might be someone to whom many attach the label "bad boy", and while in many ways it's a fitting label as he can be dark and dangerous, I think intense is a better way to describe him. He's utterly focused on taking down his enemy and keeping those around him alive, and while he does have a history of being with girls and then abruptly moving on with little to no warning, he's not the type to play games of the heart.
- Loneliness - This probably seems like a weird attribute to put on this list, but there's something about a man who seems a bit apart from the rest of the world that I find appealing. I often suffer from the delusion of thinking I'll be the unique person who becomes the touchstone that grounds an alpha male like Cole or fills the void no one else before me has been able to fill, and like a moth to the flame that loneliness and tiny hint of vulnerability sucks me in every time. Cole, despite being surrounded by people, is still so very separate, making me want to do nothing more than wrap him up in my arms and not let go. Lucky Ali that she gets to do so. *stares daggers at Ali* ;-)
• • • • • • • • • •
THROUGH THE ZOMBIE GLASS
Inspired by the childhood classic Alice in Wonderland, this harrowing and romantic story features teen zombie slayer Alice Bell who has lost so much—family, friends, her home.
After a strange new zombie attack, Alice fears she may be losing her mind as well. A terrible darkness blooms inside her, urging her to do wicked things.
The whispers of the dead assault her ears and mirrors seem to come frighteningly to life. She’s never needed her team of zombie slayers more—including her boyfriend, Cole—than she does now. But as Cole strangely withdraws and the zombies gain new strength, Ali knows one false step may doom them all.
Releases September 24th from HarlequinTEEN
Be sure and check out the White Rabbit Chronicles page for more details and Team Badges!
• • • • • • • • • •
GENA SHOWALTER is the New York Times and USA TODAY bestselling author of the Intertwined novels and several other popular YA and adult series. Her stories have been featured on MTV and in Seventeen magazine and have been praised as unputdownable.” Growing up, she always had her nose buried in a book. When it came time to buckle down and get a job, she knew writing was it for her. Gena lives in Oklahoma with her family and three slobbery bulldogs. Become a fan on Facebook, follow her on Twitter @GenaShowalter and visit her at genashowalter.com/young-adult/ and at HarlequinTEEN.com.
• • • • • • • • • •
LOOK FOR THE WHITE RABBIT CONTEST
Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays, the white Rabbit will appear on a different blog and stays there for 48hrs. Once you have found the Rabbit, click on it and you will be directed to a Rafflecopter entry form for the Grand Prize Giveaway! To enter, you must answer the daily question found at the Tour Stop!!!
Where could the Rabbit appear? On all Book Blogger Tour Hosts and The Harlequin Paranomal Blog, so now go and hunt the Rabbit. Will you find it?
Here's the awesomeness you'll have a chance to win if you track that rabbit down:
Go and see a scary movie, buy your favorite scary series or movie on DVD and make these days perfect with a pizza and some coffee to calm your nerves!
Today's Question: Let’s take a moment to swoon over Cole! Done? Jenny gave us tons of reasons why she loves Cole, now tell us what you think is most swoon worthy about him?
• • • • • • • • • •
In addition to the fabulous grand prize giveaway featured above for the White Rabbit Contest, I also have either a paperback copy of Alice in Zombieland or hardcover copy of Through the Zombie Glass (winner's choice) to give away on the blog today! To enter, just fill out the Rafflecopter form, and don't forget to check out all the participating blogs below for more unique content and chances to win!
a Rafflecopter giveaway
Monday, September 2nd – Harlequin Paranormal Blog - Tour Kick Off
Tuesday, September 3rd – Bewitched Bookworms
Wednesday, September 4th – Parajunkee
Thursday, September 5th – IB Blogging
Friday, September 6th – Julie Kagawa – Character Spotlight: Cole & Ali
Monday, September 9th – fiktshun
Tuesday, September 10th -Harlequin TEEN Facebook
Wednesday, September 11th – Katie McGarry – Frosty & Kat
Thursday, September 12th – Gena Showalter’s Website
Friday, September 13th – The Irish Banana
Monday, September 16th – Supernatural Snark
Tuesday, September 17th - Gena Showalter Facebook and Rachel Caine
Wednesday, September 18th – Reading Lark
Thursday, September 19th - Aimée Carter
Friday, September 20th – Tater’s Tall Tails