Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: Rebel of the Sands

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


Alwyn Hamilton
Young Adult/Fantasy
Releases March 2016 from Penguin

From Goodreads:

She’s more gunpowder than girl—and the fate of the desert lies in her hands.

Mortals rule the desert nation of Miraji, but mystical beasts still roam the wild and barren wastes, and rumor has it that somewhere, djinni still practice their magic. But there's nothing mystical or magical about Dustwalk, the dead-end town that Amani can't wait to escape from.

Destined to wind up "wed or dead," Amani’s counting on her sharpshooting skills to get her out of Dustwalk. When she meets Jin, a mysterious and devastatingly handsome foreigner, in a shooting contest, she figures he’s the perfect escape route. But in all her years spent dreaming of leaving home, she never imagined she'd gallop away on a mythical horse, fleeing the murderous Sultan's army, with a fugitive who's wanted for treason. And she'd never have predicted she'd fall in love with him...or that he'd help her unlock the powerful truth of who she really is.
Guys, Amani sounds like a badass. A sharpshooter? I am 100% on board with that! Also, when I was a little girl the thing I wanted most in all the world was a horse, so anytime I see horses mentioned in a synopsis the little girl in me rears up (see what I did there? Rears? I'm on my game today...) and forces the book either into my hands or into my online shopping cart. Add in a romance and a powerful truth that's going to turn her into a very special snowflake indeed and I'm already counting the days until March!

21 comments:

  1. Ahaha Jenny you are too hilarious. But yes, Amani does sound like a badass! So glad you shared this book with us, because it was not on my radar! Fantasies seem to be all the rage in 2016... we'll have to see if this one's good! Crossing my fingers :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that sounds interesting! Hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This one is new to me. I like the sound of it though and I like the simple cover. I'll never get sick of books with YA heroines who are courageous and tough. Great pick, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm also very excited about this one! Also, have you seen the very gorgeous two covers (US & UK)?? Sands and desert and fantasy and NEEEEED!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lol! I do hope you'll enjoy this book, Jenny! RESISTANCE IS FUTILE.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven’t heard about this book before, Jenny. Thanks for putting it on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm so excited for Rebel Sands! When I first read the description, I thought the MC's name was Armani haha, so I was like wow that's pretty obvious. I love genies/djinni and I feel like nobody is writing about them right now, so this is DEFINITELY getting bought! I'm always game for something not "in".

    ReplyDelete
  8. I can't wait for Rebel of the Sands! It is going to be so epic :D Awesome pick!

    My WoW

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooo this one does look really look Jenny! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This sounds awesome and I'm definitely excited about this one! Great pick!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh wow, this does sound fantastic! I'm all over fantasy these days!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Bring on the djinn! Amani sounds awesome. Can't wait to meet her.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Ooh, this looks SO GOOD. I hadn't heard of it before but the cover and synopsis have sold me 100%. Thanks for putting this on my radar, Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I would rear up too. Uh... okay, didn't have the same impact and totally went where I didn't want to go... ;) Yes, I'm silly today.

    Anyhoo... Yes, this totally makes me want to read it. :) Djinn, I've been enjoying those stories!

    ReplyDelete
  15. A sharpshooter, now that sounds like a feisty heroine I can get behind!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gosh, Jenny, you're too punny. ;) She sounds like a very promising character. I'll join you in your wait for this.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Nice discovery Jenny, and I love that she is a sharpshooter! Lordy I am adding to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Whoever wrote that synopsis needs a raise, I want this!

    ReplyDelete