A huge thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for hosting each week!
This will be the first time I've actually made New Year's resolutions, bookish or otherwise, so we'll see if I'm able to stick to them. I'm notoriously bad at following through with things like this, it's why I don't ever join reading challenges - for some reason the mere setting of goals makes something in me revolt and I end up failing (which is weird, because I can't function at work without a to-do list for each day). Also, I'm currently battling the flu, so I'm only going to do a top 3 list (look, I've failed already! *pats self on back*). Wish me luck everyone!
2016 BOOKISH/BLOGGING GOALS
• Give myself a break. This sounds like a strange resolution to make, but I'm in my 6th year of blogging and I still put a lot of pressure on myself to maintain a certain blogging schedule. I did have to drop back to 2 reviews a week from 3 last year as work has been steadily increasing (yay!), but I'm still feeling a little bogged down by everything I try and do to keep up my presence in the blogging community. My goal then for 2016 is to not give myself such a hard time if I can only post 4 times a week instead of 5, or if I have to skip a day of commenting (so sorry everyone!) for blogger mental health purposes:)
• Get to a few of the books I've been meaning to read FOREVER. Including, but not limited to:
- The Others series by Anne Bishop (I've heard so many amazing things about Written in Red!)
- Uprooted by Naomi Novik (Um. Dragons. SOLD!)
- The Red Rising trilogy by Pierce Brown (Why haven't I gotten to these yet?)
• Attend more bookish events. I'd been pretty good about this up until last year when I just couldn't motivate myself to attend anything book-related aside from BEA. Here in Ohio we get a good number of authors coming through (though most go to Cincinnati or Dayton instead of Columbus, so it's about a 1-2 hour drive each way), and last year I missed out on some outstanding events. I'm going to start at a reasonable number and say I need to go to at least 3.
I have joined a book club for the very first time with a few of my blogger friends (thank you Nick!), and we'll be reading our first book this month so I'm excited. Yay for trying new things in 2016!
If you've set any bookish goals for yourself in 2016, I'd love for you to share them in the comments!