Today I'm pleased to have author Katie Cross stopping by the blog to tell us a little bit about her paranormal young adult novel, Miss Mabel's School for Girls. She's brought with her some fun things she thinks we need to be aware of before we tackle this story, so I hope you all enjoy. Welcome to Supernatural Snark Katie!
TEN THINGS I THINK YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE
YOU READ MISS MABEL'S SCHOOL FOR GIRLS
1. There are no Cinderella types in my books.
2. My main character's name (Bianca) came from a street sign. Classy, right?
3. I don't believe in fairies. That actually has nothing to do with my book.
4. I'm a recovering cinnamon roll addict. This will make sense later.
5. My biggest fear is moose.
6. The word Letum means death in Latin. Read the back blurb and think on that a bit.
7. Snarky characters are my favorite. So . . . there may be one or five in my book.
8. I'm partial to tea.
9. I'm also partial to astronomy
10. I patterned the character Derek (Bianca's father) after my husband, so now I have a crush on him.
*Jenny approves of cinnamon roles and snark. Just wanted to put that out there...
• • • • • • • • • • • • •
MISS MABEL'S SCHOOL FOR GIRLS
Never underestimate the power of a determined witch.
Letum Wood is a forest of fog and deadfall, home to the quietly famous Miss Mabel’s School for Girls, a place where young witches learn the art of magic.
Sixteen-year-old Bianca Monroe has inherited a deadly curse. Determined to break free before it kills her, she enrolls in the respected school to confront the cunning witch who cast the curse: Miss Mabel.
Bianca finds herself faced with dark magic she didn’t expect, with lessons more dangerous than she could have ever imagined. Will Bianca have the courage to save herself from the curse, or will Miss Mabel’s sinister plan be too powerful?
Miss Mabel’s School for Girls is the first novel in The Network Series, an exciting new fantasy collection. A gripping tale about the struggle to survive, it will take you to a new place and time, one you’ll never want to leave.
• • • • • • • • • • •
My world revolves around my husband (who is a major hottie), my Vizsla’s, and the mountains.
I wear hiking boots instead of heels when I need to feel powerful, and on a bad day, I love a weightlifting workout. Actually, I love it on a good day.
I don’t eat bread because my thyroid doesn’t like it, although there are days I miss it. Especially ciabatta. Sweet potatoes are kind of my thing. Cookies too.
I write because I never stopped.