Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Waiting on Wednesday: The Distance Between Us

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


Kasie West
Contemporary Young Adult
Releases July 2nd from HarperTeen

THE STORY (from Goodreads)
Seventeen-year-old Caymen Meyers studies the rich like her own personal science experiment, and after years of observation she’s pretty sure they’re only good for one thing—spending money on useless stuff, like the porcelain dolls in her mother’s shop.

So when Xander Spence walks into the store to pick up a doll for his grandmother, it only takes one glance for Caymen to figure out he’s oozing rich. Despite his charming ways and that he’s one of the first people who actually gets her, she’s smart enough to know his interest won’t last. Because if there’s one thing she’s learned from her mother’s warnings, it’s that the rich have a short attention span. But Xander keeps coming around, despite her best efforts to scare him off. And much to her dismay, she's beginning to enjoy his company.

She knows her mom can’t find out—she wouldn’t approve. She’d much rather Caymen hang out with the local rocker who hasn’t been raised by money. But just when Xander’s attention and loyalty are about to convince Caymen that being rich isn’t a character flaw, she finds out that money is a much bigger part of their relationship than she’d ever realized. And that Xander’s not the only one she should’ve been worried about.


First, I feel it necessary to confess that I am a Kasie West fangirl. Utterly and completely. I read Pivot Point earlier this year and fell madly in love with it, immediately adding Kasie to my list of auto-buy authors. While I initially despaired over the fact that I have to wait a full year (really, I should be used to this wait by now given practically every book I pick up is part of a series, but it kills me every time) for book two, I soon learned that Kasie was releasing The Distance Between Us in July. Cue insta-happiness. 

Second, I can't wait to get my lips hands on Xander this book!

43 comments:

  1. Haven't heard of this one! Doesn't sound like my kind of read but still hope you love it once you read it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have little doubt that I'll be a fan of this one:)

      Delete
  2. I loved Pivot Point too, as you know. I think I may have picked this for a WoW too after reading PP. I can't wait to see what this author does with contemp. Great pick Jenny. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME EITHER RACHEL! I'm just excited we get another book from her this year:)

      Delete
  3. OoOO I cannot freaking wait for this one!!!!I Loved Pivot Point and I love Contemporarys so.. this one can't come soon enough!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This looks really great! I've never seen it before :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm glad I could put it on your radar! I'm very ready for it to be July:)

      Delete
  5. It might be just me, but I'm getting a "Jennifer Smith YA contemporary romance" vibe from that title font!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, me too. The fonts are very similar, but I still love the cover:)

      Delete
  6. Um...just because you saw Xander first doesn't mean automatic dibs, you know. We might have to tangle for him!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ummmmm. I think it does. I think that's exactly what it means. BRING IT ON MARY!

      Delete
  7. Oh I have this one on my to-read list. I hope it'll be as good as it sounds, not just some predictable YA contemp story :) Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Based on Pivot Point, I'm going to go out on a limb and say there will be plenty of surprises with this book:) Can't wait to find out if I'm right!

      Delete
  8. I love the sound of this one and I haven't read Pivot Point yet. I really want to. I'll be adding this to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing it and I love the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oooo you definitely should give Pivot Point a try Christina! I thought it was awesome:)

      Delete
  9. I don't read much contemp, but I admit to being intrigued by this one. Love the cover! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Pssssssst!!!! I already read this.

    And it's good. Really, truly!

    I'm a HUGE Kasie fan, too. I adore the woman both as a writer and a person. Why else would I have had 4 copies of Pivot Point at one time?

    I already said if you want to borrow it....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know you did. And it's only my deep and abiding love for you that's keeping me from hating you for it ;-)

      Do you still have 4 copies of Pivot Point? That's a lot of Pivot Point love:)

      Delete
  11. Bhahaha! I love your thoughts, LOL. I cannot wait for this book either. I'm more than sure that this will be a fabulous ride with Xander and Caymen :) Glad to know I'm not the only anxious one;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wait--you loved Pivot Point? Did I know that? Okay, maybe I should dust my copy off and give it a closer look. Um, after I do that to the THOUSAND other books I've said that about.

    I do love a rich boy story!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great pick! This sounds like something i'd really enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I didn't like Pivot Point nearly as much as you did, although I DID enjoy it. But this sounds so wonderful, plus that cover is absolutely gorgeous. Must. Have. ARC. *g*

    I'm in the mood for a sweet love story.
    GReat pick, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO excited to read this one! That cover is stunning, and I love Kasie's writing.

    Love your slips of the keys there too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Looks like a lot of bloggers are waiting for this one cause I've seen it on a couple WOW posts this week. And it does sound really good.

    ReplyDelete
  17. *goes to move Pivot Point up the wishlist*

    Oh I really do need to read her. Hope you get this one.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm really excited about this one, too! I loved Pivot Point, and can't wait to see how West tackles the contemporary genre. Though something tells me she will do a great job here as I always thought Pivot Point had a brilliant contemporary edge.

    Great pick, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I'm planning to read Pivot Point first, but I love the cover :D

    Mel@thedailyprophecy.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I was thinking hey this looks familiar and book hoarder that I am had to go check and yes I do have an ARC ecopy of this so now I am even more excited to hear you want to read it and that it is by the author of Pivot Point thanks for setting me straight!

    ReplyDelete
  21. When you read this, I want to know what the secret is! I read that synopsis and got visions of a Jace/Clary situation but I am thinking a contemporary romance wouldn't go there.

    ReplyDelete
  22. That's awesome that she's having two releases in one year even if they are very different books. This sounds like a fantastic contemporary!

    ReplyDelete
  23. God this book looks GORGEOUS! I am in LOOOVE with the cover, and I can't wait to get a copy myself! FANTASTIC pick!
    - Farah @ MajiBookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  24. Hooray for contemporaries! I'll have to check out Pivot Point.

    Have a great week, fangurl!

    ReplyDelete
  25. So Pivot Point is paranormal? :-( But The Distance Between Us isn't paranormal?

    ReplyDelete
  26. This cover is so gorgeous. I really love the sound of this book too. First time hearing of it :) ...so thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I haven't read Pivot Point yet but I've got this one on my wishlist, Jenny! I'm actually far more excited about this one than her debut because it's a contemporary novel, something I feel haven't been reading as much lately.

    ReplyDelete
  28. I still remember your review for Pivot Point! Now I have to read one of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  29. I so need to read Pivot Point and this sounds amazing! My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  30. ahhhhhhhhhh. adding it...NOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  31. I really loved Pivot Point so I'm definitely a West fangirl as well-can't wait for this contemporary!

    ReplyDelete
  32. YES! I totally want it. Adding it!

    ReplyDelete