Thursday, January 15, 2015

Waiting on Thursday (?): Nearly Found

I realize it's Thursday rather than Wednesday when this meme more alliteratively takes place, but for the first time in nearly 5 years of blogging, work has gotten so busy that I simply haven't had time to read. I had every intention of posting a review today, but I just couldn't get the book finished in time, and since I so enjoy this meme and was on a tour yesterday, I decided to come a little late to the party and do a Waiting on Thursday post. *pats self on back for thinking on my feet* ;-)


Nearly Gone #2
Elle Cosimano
Young Adult/Mystery
Releases from Kathy Dawson Books (Penguin) on June 2nd

From Goodreads:

The sequel to the highly praised and intricately plotted Nearly Gone--a YA urban mystery that's perfect for fans of Bones, Numbers, and The Body Finder

After Nearly Boswell starts working as an intern at a crime lab, a girl from her trailer park turns up dead. Then the corpse of a missing person is discovered, buried on a golf course, with a message for Nearly etched into the bones. When Nearly finds out the corpse is the father of Eric, a classmate of hers, she starts to worry that the body is connected to her father's disappearance five years ago. Nearly, Reece, and Nearly's classmates--Vince, Jeremy, and Eric--start a dangerous investigation into their fathers' pasts that threatens Nearly's fragile romance with Reece, and puts all them in the killer's path.


I read Nearly Gone last year and absolutely loved it, it was one of the books that launched my YA mystery/thriller kick that's still going strong even now. While I figured out a major revelation about the clues long before Nearly did in the first book, I thought the mystery was still really well done and the romance was exactly how I like my romances in this genre: prominent and tension-filled but yet secondary to the mystery itself. I can't wait to see what kind of trouble Nearly and Reece get themselves into this time around!

35 comments:

  1. It's an intriguing one! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had time to read, but has struggled with a book for days, so glad I had a few old revies ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had other books I'd already reviewed, but they were all for tours so I couldn't switch the dates around:)

      Delete
  3. I still need to read Nearly Gone! It sounds amazing, and I do love a good thriller-mystery. The covers for these books are gorgeous too. I'll add this one to my list as well. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved Nearly Gone Lauren! I hope you get a chance to read it soon:)

      Delete
  4. Ooh! This sounds so mysterious. I have to read the 1st book if you loved it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was a big fan Nick! I loved both the mystery and the romance:)

      Delete
  5. I definitely want to read this and the first since I haven't gotten around to it yet!

    As you could see yesterday, something went amiss with my WoW so I totally should have done this as well today. Oh well.

    Darn those prescheduled posts that don't always work out LOL!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh. I liked that you made us guess your pick ;-)

      Delete
  6. Oh I didn't know there was a sequel! I actually haven't read Nearly Gone but I've had it on my TBR for months! I thought it was a standalone though! This is news to me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I just recently found out too and did a happy dance. I so enjoyed these characters and I'm glad I get to revisit them!

      Delete
  7. Its always great when you're still able to enjoy a book when you've guessed most of the mystery behind it. I hope you end up enjoying this one just as much as the first book Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There was a certain aspect of the clues that I figured out well before Nearly did, but it didn't bother me that she as a little late on that front, the action and suspense were still great:)

      Delete
  8. I am so happy to hear that you are super busy with your business, but I sure hope it doesnt' mean that you will have to give up blogging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Heidi, me too! I've decided to just give myself a little bit of a break on the blog - I'll be dropping down to 2 reviews a week while things are crazy, and those reviews will be a touch shorter:)

      I'm so glad to be busy, but I do miss my reading time!

      Delete
    2. I totally get it. Last year, I dropped my reviews down to three a week and it made it so much easier.

      Delete
  9. Wait - this is a series?! I thought Nearly Gone was a standalone!

    THAT COVER. HOLY BALONEY (balogna?). I covet it. <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't had as much time to read either, so I totally understand! I have a few posts saved for emergency's like this. I have the first book in this series, I need to read it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have other reviews I've already written, but they're all for tour stops so I couldn't move anything around. Fail:)

      Delete
  11. I still need to read Nearly Gone, so once the sequel comes out I think I'll binge read both!
    Good pick Jenny!
    And we can always adopt the memes to our own schedules! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I didn't read the first one but it sounds like I need to check it out (I say this so many times...but so rarely actually get to that! Where are my extra hours for reading?!? I feel this is necessary.).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like at least 2 hours extra each day for reading. They can be for nothing else other than reading (and maybe eating too) :)

      Delete
  13. I haven't had much time to read either, Jenny, which is why my posting is so sporadic this week. Glad work is going well for you though! I'm a big fan of the Body Finder series and if Nearly Gone is anything like that series then I think I will enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you give Nearly Gone a try Rummanah, I thought it was fantastic:)

      Delete
  14. I bought Nearly Gone when it came out, but I haven't read it yet, either. Arrrgggh. Anyway, I hope you'll enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you're able to pick it up soon! I was a big fan:)

      Delete
  15. lol - Nice save. I haven't read the first book, but I want to. I like the cover of this one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ;-) It was this or a long winded explanation no one would have cared about as to why I wasn't able to post what I'd planned today!

      Delete
  16. I loved The Body Finder, the sequels, not so much, but the first one was excellent so I'm definitely intrigued with the comparison. I'll add this one on the list.

    Btw, FOUR MORE DAYS UNTIL BURNED!! Here I come Ryodan! :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Waiting on Thursday should totally be a thing! A meme for people who are feeling lazy or forgetful about scheduling. Or you know, busy with work like you are! I didn't know this book was getting a sequel, but I do recall you liking the first one so that's good!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I totally thought that Nearly Gone was a standalone! I bought it over the summer but have yet to read it. I guess I'll have to read it before Nearly Found comes out!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This looks awesome. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete