Wednesday, March 23, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Stealing Snow

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


Stealing Snow #1
Danielle Paige
Young Adult/Fairy Tale
Releases September 27th from Bloomsbury Childrens

From Goodreads:

Seventeen-year-old Snow has spent the majority of her life within the walls of the Whittaker Institute, a high security mental hospital in upstate New York. Deep down, she knows she's not crazy and doesn't belong there. When she meets a mysterious, handsome new orderly and dreams about a strange twisted tree she realizes she must escape and figure out who she really is.

Using her trusting friend Bale as a distraction, Snow breaks free and races into the nearby woods. Suddenly, everything isn't what it seems, the line between reality and fantasy begins to blur, and she finds herself in icy Algid--her true home--with witches, thieves, and a strangely alluring boy named Kai, none of whom she's sure she can trust. As secret after secret is revealed, Snow discovers that she is on the run from a royal lineage she's destined to inherit, a father more powerful and ruthless than she could have imagined, and choices of the heart that could change the fate of everything...including Snow's return to the world she once knew.

This breathtaking first volume begins the story of how Snow becomes a villain, a queen, and ultimately a hero.

I am ALWAYS on board for a good fairy tale, so this is one hundred percent right up my alley. I also have a soft spot for characters locked in a mental institution, as being in such a place is one of my recurring nightmares so I can't help but root for them to get out. How terrifying would it be to be in a mental institution when you know you're sane? The more you try to convince people you're of sound mind and body, the more insane you appear. IT'S A VICIOUS AND HORRIFYING CIRCLE!

I'm a little nervous about a possible love triangle since both the handsome orderly and Kai are mentioned (maybe they're the same person?), but after just having read the blurb I think I might already be backing the Kai ship. So looking forward to September! 

20 comments:

  1. A villain, a queen and a hero?
    Intriguing

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cannot wait to read this one!!!! EEE!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This definitely sounds fantastic, Jenny! I like books with a mental health institute background too. I hope you're right about both the boys being Kai! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'll be curious to see what you make of this, Jenny, since it sounds amazing! I haven't been a fan of Paige's work in the past, though, so I'm a little wary but definitely willing to give this one a shot. Plus, that cover!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmm, I'm quite curious about this one, even if I'm not a big fan of the author's previous series... I'll wait to see what you think!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is the first time I've seen this one but from what I saw in my blog feed it's a popular pick this week! I still need to read Dorothy Must Die but like you, I'm always on board for a quality retelling :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is a great pick Jenny, it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't know the author was working on a new fairy tale retelling. I had hoped that one of the love interest wasn't named Kai because I would immediately confuse it with Cinder's Kai! Anyway, I'm interested in this one. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, the cover is just stunning! Love it! Plus it sounds wonderful. I will keep my eye out for it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh this sounds fantastic, jenny! Thanks for bringing to my attention. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great pick! This one is new to me and I am always hesitant about retellings, but I love the sound of this one. Thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh this one looks good... and I'm sane... I swear! I promise... totally sane. ;) LOL

    ReplyDelete
  13. This book sounds amazing, thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, I got a little more excited when the blurb mentioned her in a mental institute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow - this one sounds like a great read.

    ReplyDelete
  16. I hadn't heard of this one yet. It sounds pretty good!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Danielle Paige isn't afraid to go dark so I can't wait to see how she twists this one!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Danielle Paige isn't afraid to go dark so I can't wait to see how she twists this one!

    ReplyDelete