Wednesday, August 24, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Scythe

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


SCYTHE
Neal Shusterman
Young Adult/Dystopian
Releases November 22nd from Simon & Schuster

From Goodreads:

In a world where disease has been eliminated, the only way to die is to be randomly killed (“gleaned”) by professional reapers (“scythes”). Citra and Rowan are teenagers who have been selected to be scythe’s apprentices, and—despite wanting nothing to do with the vocation—they must learn the art of killing and come to understand the necessity of what they do.

Only one of them will be chosen as a scythe’s apprentice. And when it becomes clear that the winning apprentice’s first task will be to glean the loser, Citra and Rowan are pitted against one another in a fight for their lives.


First, I really, really don't want to live in this world. I would one hundred percent be randomly killed for population control purposes, I know it. Second, while pitting two young people against one another in an epic battle to the death is not a new plotline, it's one that never fails to grab my attention and hold it. I can't help but want to know what happens (sidenote: I'll definitely be reading the end first)! The synopsis doesn't give us very much information about either Citra or Rowan, so I have no idea if I'll be rooting for one over the other or both:)   

13 comments:

  1. I would 100% be killed off in this world with you too, Jenny! But I love this cover and can't resist another dystopian so thanks for putting this on my radar!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Intriguing, I didn't know about this one

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooh nice! Definitely curious about this one!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pick! I have never read anything by this author, but have heard good things. This book has definitely caught my eye! And that cover!??! Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YES. I am really pumped about this one too^^ Grim reaper style stories always get my attention :D I wonder what that says about me LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm excited to read this one, too! I hope it's as good as it sounds. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've yet to try this author but I know I really need to. Great pick Jenny, I hope it's a fabulous read!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I loved his disturbing Unwind series and I'm so excited about this new release!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I might have to wait for your review. It might be too harsh... so I'll wait to see what you think. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm, this one sounds quite intriguing and I'll definitely wait to hear what you think!

    ReplyDelete