Today I'm thrilled to be a stop on young adult author Cambria Hebert's Deck the Halls with Heven and Hell blog tour, a fabulous event that kicked off a few days ago and runs through this Friday. Each stop has a fun post from Cambria and a giveaway, so be sure and check out the full schedule and follow along for lots of book and swag goodies!
Cambria is doing all of us who wait until the last minute to do their holiday shopping a solid today by giving us a few tips on what to avoid buying for those special people in our lives. Thanks in advance Cambria ;-)
I am so excited to be here today as part of the Deck the Halls with Heven and Hell event!
I know everyone is likely out trying to shop til they drop to get all their holiday shopping done. The crowds, the sales… the choices! It’s enough to make a grown woman cry (or is that just me?). So today I thought I would help you all out by telling you what NOT to buy. Believe me, this list will save you!
So without further delay allow me to tell you the Top 10 worst Christmas gifts to ever give:
10. Nose hair clippers – you are supposed to pretend you don’t see the hair that is making its way toward grandpa’s (or grandmas !) lips.
9. A vacuum cleaner – this is especially true for men. They won’t know what it’s for and women will think you are trying to make her do all the cleaning.
8. Fruit cake – unless the person wanted a door stopper.
7. Automotive parts – especially one tire instead of four :/
6. A framed picture of yourself – it’s just weird.
5. Toothbrush or other hygiene product – the person will think you are trying to tell them they smell.
4. Underwear – Just don’t do it. Every time you see them you will wonder if they are wearing those panties you bought them. It’s just wrong!
3. A “cupcake car” reportedly going for $25,000. No I am not kidding:
2. Re-gifted item – Yes, this is tempting because it requires less time shopping. But if you didn’t want it what makes you think someone else would???
1. A Snuggie – Just get the person a really great blanket and a book.
What is the worst gift you have ever gotten?
Happy Holiday’s everyone and remember to enter the giveaway!
*My grandma gave me a license plate once. It was not attached to a car. Just a license plate. When I stared at her in confusion after realizing she was not telling me something amazing was waiting in the garage for me, she told me she got it because I liked horses and the license plate had a picture of a horse on it. Awesome.
Cambria Hebert is the author of the young adult paranormal Heven and Hell series. She loves a caramel latte, hates math and is afraid of chickens (yes, chickens). In addition to her many writing credits she is also the co-host for JournalJabber, a blog talk radio show that focuses on writing and books. She currently lives in Pennsylvania where she is plotting her next book. More information on her and her books can be found here
Thanks to Cambria, I have a fabulous prize package to give away on the blog today. To enter, please just fill out the Rafflecopter form below! Giveaway is open to US residents only and will run through midnight EST on Saturday, December 15th after which time a winner will be chosen and emailed. Good luck everyone!
a Rafflecopter giveaway