Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Hero By Night

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


Independence Falls #3
Contemporary Romance
Releases January 20th from Avon Impulse

Synopsis:
He was nobody’s hero, until he landed in the wrong bed . . .

Armed with a golden retriever and a concealed weapons permit, Lena Clark is fighting for normal. She served her country, but the experience left her emotionally numb, afraid to be touched, and estranged from her career-military family. Staying in Independence Falls, and finding a job, seems like the first step to reclaiming her life and preparing for the upcoming medal ceremony, until the town playboy stumbles into her bed . . .

Chad Summers is living his dream-helicopter logging by day and slipping between the sheets with Mrs. Right Now by night. Until his wild nights threaten his day job, leaving Chad with a choice: prove he can settle down or kiss his dream job goodbye. But after a party, Chad ends up in bed with the one woman in Independence Falls he can’t touch. Too late he realizes the passionate sleeping beauty is the shy, struggling soldier his little sister befriended.

The playboy’s touch ignited something in her. And Lena is determined to find out if it is the man, and his wicked demands in the bedroom, or if she’s finally starting to heal. Chad is ready and willing to give into the primal desire to make Lena his at night-on one condition. By day, they pretend their relationship is real so he can show Independence Falls-and his boss-that he has shed his wild image. But their connection extends beyond the bedroom, threatening to turn their sham into reality-if Chad can prove he’s the hero Lena needs night and day . . . forever.

I haven't read the previous two books in this series, but it seems to me from the blurb that I'll be able to settle into this story and couple without needing the previous installments. Those of you who visit this blog with any frequency know I'm a sucker for damaged characters, and Lena, with her military past, falls beautifully into that category. Plus, I can never pass up a pretend relationship setup. There's just something incredibly fun about watching as pretend shifts into real, so I'm really looking forward to diving into this one in January! Yes to a little heat during the cold winter months:)

37 comments:

  1. oh this one is new to me I confess.

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW look so romantic ,, Great Pick :)

    check my WOW here:
    http://cachereads.com/2014/11/05/waiting-on-wednesday-01/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice! Not my kind of read but still hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree, I love when a pretend relationship turns to real. Lena sounds like a great character, and I love the fact that these sound like standalones (or at least that you don't have to carefully read each book to enjoy the next). Great WoW choice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Even though I know how things are ultimately going to play out, it's still fun to watch as the relationship starts to shift:)

      Delete
  5. A little heat in January sounds like something I'd enjoy! I will have to check this series out. I like damaged characters as well. Great pick, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? A good romance is perfect for those cold, snowy months:)

      Delete
  6. Oooh, I like this one! I love the concept of the "pretend relationship" sparking into something more and real. Plus, she's a damaged heroine and I love those as well. Great WoW, Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Umm yes!! I want this too! I love the sound of it and I LOVE that we have a female soldier suffering from PTSD. It's more common to see male soldiers (not that I'm complaining) but this should be a refreshing read. :)
    I'm excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think so too Nick! I'm really looking forward to meeting Lena:)

      Delete
  8. Isn't it great when every once in awhile you discover a series and realize you wouldn't NEED to read all the previous books to get into it?! It seems that so rarely happens. I'll admit this one is new to me so thanks for bringing it to my attention :) Happy hump day Jenny!! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes! I normally like to start at the beginning, but with series like this where each book focuses on a different set of characters, I don't mind jumping around:)

      Delete
  9. Ooo this does look good Jenny! This is the first I am seeing it so thanks for putting it on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Haven't heard of this series either but it looks steamy?! Haha I hope you enjoy it ;)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love that SHE has a military past, and I also love that they can be read independently. I recently read a pretend-turned-real romance (though it was MM) and loved it, so I have a feeling I might like this too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Maja! I don't that I've read too many books that feature military heroines:)

      Delete
  12. What? You mean you are purposefully picking a book out of order? I would never... *cough* ;) This does sound like a good one! Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW! It's so outside the realm of something you would do... ;-)

      Delete
  13. Sounds pretty good! I can't read books out of order though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. With series like this, where each book is a new couple, I can start in the middle. Otherwise, I have to start with book one!

      Delete
  14. Replies
    1. I KNOW! I'm getting all wild and crazy over here.

      Delete
  15. I hadn't heard about this one or previous books before but this sounds like something you'd love for sure! Cannot wait to hear what you think, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I like the sound of books where you don't have to have read the previous books in the series. Also books as hot and sweet as this one which you can curl up with over the Winter months? Where can I sign up? Brilliant pick Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm starting to stockpile some romance books for the winter Jasprit. I need lots of them for all the snow days they're predicting!

      Delete
  17. Aw, this sounds fabulous! I definitely want to meet the playboy and the wounded soldier.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm all about the steamy books in the colder months so I definitely need to build up my TBR to just read romance novel after romance novel once the cold really settles in. Thanks for putting this on my radar, Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. DITTO! I'm like a squirrel, except I'm storing up romance novels instead of nuts ;-)

      Delete