Wednesday, December 31, 2014

Waiting on Wednesday: Damage Done

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


Amanda Panitch
Young Adult/Mystery
Releases July 21st from Random House BFYR

From Goodreads:

22 minutes separate Julia Vann’s before and after.

Before: Julia had a twin brother, a boyfriend, and a best friend.

After: She has a new identity, a new hometown, and memories of those twenty-two minutes that refuse to come into focus. At least, that’s what she tells the police.

Now that she’s Lucy Black, she's able to begin again. She's even getting used to the empty bedroom where her brother should be. And her fresh start has attracted the attention of one of the hottest guys in school, a boy who will do anything to protect her. But when someone much more dangerous also takes notice, Lucy's forced to confront the dark secrets she thought were safely left behind.

One thing is clear: The damage done can never be erased. It’s only just beginning. . . .

This year has been the year of the mystery/thriller for me. I typically lean more toward the supernatural (obviously) and away from anything contemporary, but a good mystery, like fantasy, has quickly become one of my very favorite go-to reads. The synopsis for Damage Done more than piques my curiosity, and I simply must know what happened in those 22 minutes to completely alter the course of Julia's life. Also, I'm a sucker for the "hottest boy in school" type. Or the bad boy type. Or the sweet geeky type. So really, anything other than the douchebag type works pretty well for me ;-)

15 comments:

  1. This is new to me but I agree, this looks fabulous Jenny!
    I hope you have a wonderful New Years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's a new to me one! Intriguing cover too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. hahah I always tend to find myself falling for the bad boy type too Jenny, this book sounds like it has a nice mix of everything that you like to see in a book! I really hope you end up enjoying this one as it sounds fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, a mystery thriller!! It sounds so very interesting and I had not heard about it before!
    Thank you for putting it in my radar, Jenny! AND HAPPY NEW YEAR'S EVE AND HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't know about this one but it's intriguing. thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You really are on a mystery roll :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. This sounds really interesting, Jenny! I'm reading a lot of mysteries these days too although I admit for me, YA mysteries aren't as great as adult ones. That being said, I must know along with you what went on in those 22 minutes! EEKS!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is new to me and I like the sound of it with those missing 22 minutes. Eeeep! And, having the hottest boy in school protecting you can't be a bad thing either right?!! Lol. Thanks for the heads up.

    Hope you have a Happy New Year, Jenny!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is the first time I've heard of this, which is surprising because I live for books like this! Great choice this week Jenny! <3

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh looks good. I'm also not all about the douchebag either. Hm... did that come out right? LOL

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I do like a good mystery from time to time, but I veer towards romantic suspense a bit more. This book has such a good hook, and one that I can see myself being absorbed in.

    Thanks for putting this on my radar!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I used to read a lot more mysteries, but it's been quite a few years since I've had a year that I could dub the year of mysteries/thrillers! I'm sure I've stockpiled many of them by now so that maybe 2015 could be the year for me :) This one is new to me, but I'm definitely adding it to my tbr now!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This actually sounds interesting. I usually tend more toward supernatural as well, but good mysteries that have a strange or unique quality intrigue me as well.

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing websites that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. It is the old what goes around comes around

    routine

    risa herbal
    penyebab sakit pinggang
    cara menyembuhkan mata glaukoma
    cara mengobati gagal ginjal
    cara menyembuhkan penebalan dinding rahim
    obat penghancur kanker
    cara menyembuhkan varikokel

    ReplyDelete