Wednesday, December 10, 2014

Wednesday Flourish: Hidden Illusions

Today I have a special edition of the flourish feature here on the blog as this reveal marks the first time I've shared the design for a sequel. One of my first clients was friend and fellow blogger Amanda Shofner who got in touch with me earlier in the year for the design of Elusive Memories, the first book in her Hunted series. She's now getting ready to release the second book, Hidden Illusions, and I can't wait for you guys to see the cover!

Before we get to that though, a little reminder of Elusive Memories:



The resistance has hunted the Gifted for years. When Sam Benson is taken and her memory stolen, she certainly isn’t the first victim of the resistance. But she’s determined to use her family’s influence as memory-bringer elders to make sure she’s one of the last.

As soon as she escapes the resistance’s compound, anyway.

Two resistance guards claim to be working to get Sam free, but only one has her best interests at heart—and holds the key to mounting an offense against the resistance. With her memory fractured and the resistance set against her, can she choose the right person to trust?

And now, check out Hidden Illusions!



SHE'S DRIVEN BY ONE PURPOSE


Janey Jones may have escaped the Hunters, but the scars they inflicted still mark her, inside and out. One goal keeps her moving forward: kill Captain Reed, the man who tortured her, destroyed her Gift, and murdered her mother. She’ll do anything to succeed.

HE'S SEEN WHAT BLIND AMBITION CAN DO

Will Brown protects people. First his family, now the people he leads in the Gifted army. He knows what needs to be done to keep everyone safe: destroy the Hunters for good. And that’s exactly what he plans to do. The right way.

BUT ONE SECRET BINDS THEM

When Will and Janey are thrown together, they’re forced to put aside their differences for a greater purpose: find a way to stay alive—and salvage the mission to cut the Hunters down, once and for all.

WHAT THEY UNCOVER WILL CHANGE THEIR LIVES FOREVER

33 comments:

  1. Squee! I love the cover and I especially love how it goes perfectly with the first book. You are so very talented Jenny! They are both gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Ali! I definitely wanted them to look like they were a matched set:)

      Delete
  2. I am getting somewhat of a creepy feeling *reads blurb* Very fitting

    ReplyDelete
  3. these books sound really scare and I'm for sure not in the mood for scary stuff :) but really the story sound good ,, what should i do???

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Give them a try Alreem! What are lights at night for? ;-)

      Delete
  4. Niiiice!! Wow, I love how they look complementary and matchy-matchy but at the same time different enough! You are so damned talented miss!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That was my goal Pili! I wanted them to each stand on their own but definitely be instantly recognizable as being in the same series:)

      Delete
    2. And you succeeded in it very much Jenny!

      Delete
  5. Love, Love these covers, Jenny! You did such a fabulous job. Both are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christina! I'm so grateful Amanda trusted me with her books:)

      Delete
  6. I love that the covers match, Jenny and the colors are my favorites!
    Gorgeous as well!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this! These two covers go together so well and they look like the match the story really well! Fantastic job!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Candace! I love when my covers within a series all have a similar look and feel, so I definitely wanted to do that here:)

      Delete
  8. This is beautiful, Jenny! You are so talented. The book description sounds amazing too. Thanks for putting this on my radar. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Emma! I hope you give them a try:)

      Delete
  9. Yay for the covers matching. It always irks me when the covers of the series change midway. Great covers, Jenny! Congrats on book 2, Amanda!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Rummanah! I like my series to have a visual cohesiveness:)

      Delete
  10. Two more amazing covers. Love them and I especially like that they are so mysterious!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! I wanted them to have a gritty, mysterious feel, so I'm glad that's how they're reading:)

      Delete
  11. Oh I love these covers. I would pick them up without reading the blurb. Stop hogging all the talent! ;) Congrats to both of you!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW both covers are totally gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  13. These covers are simply stunning, and I'm loving the newest one with the even more mysterious girl, colors and ambiance in the cover!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's fierce isn't she? I feel like that gaze sees everything:)

      Delete
  14. I LOVE the colors you've used for the covers, Jenny! :D They are so PRETTY.

    Bah. You're too talented. STAPH (but don't because otherwise we won't get to see the pretty covers)

    Rashika @ The Social Potato

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh wow, I love both of these Jenny!!!

    Amber Elise @ Du Livre

    ReplyDelete