Tuesday, July 19, 2016

Review: Allegiance of Honor

ALLEGIANCE OF HONOR
Psy-Changeling #15
Nalini Singh
Paranormal Romance-ish
Berkley
496 pages
Available Now
Source: ARC from publisher for review

THE STORY (from Goodreads)
The Psy-Changeling world has undergone a staggering transformation and now stands at a crossroads. The Trinity Accord promises a new era of cooperation between disparate races and groups. It is a beacon of hope held together by many hands: Old enemies. New allies. Wary loners.

But a century of distrust and suspicion can’t be so easily forgotten and threatens to shatter Trinity from within at any moment. As rival members vie for dominance, chaos and evil gather in the shadows and a kidnapped woman’s cry for help washes up in San Francisco, while the Consortium turns its murderous gaze toward a child who is the embodiment of change, of love, of piercing hope: A child who is both Psy…and changeling.

To find the lost, protect the vulnerable—and save Trinity—no one can stand alone. This is a time of loyalty across divisions, of bonds woven into the heart and the soul, of heroes known and unknown standing back to back and holding the line. But is an allegiance of honor even possible with traitors lurking in their midst?


MY THOUGHTS
Allegiance of Honor is a unique installment in Ms. Singh's outstanding Psy-Changeling series, reuniting us with beloved couples and characters from previous books instead of focusing on a single primary romance as the political maneuvering in this world reaches an all-time high.

While perhaps a touch slower in terms of pace given the lack of romantic tension fans like myself have come to know and love from Ms. Singh, spending new time with some of the early couples that stole our hearts is nothing short of delightful. Sascha and Lucas, the pair that started it all, are at the forefront of this fifteenth installment, bringing a smile to our faces with their every appearance as they work together to raise baby Naya. Bringing a little humor to the rising tensions is a very pregnant Mercy, whom everyone continually tries to distract to keep her from focusing on the fact that she's yet to give birth. Vaughn and Faith, Judd and Brenna, Hawke and Sienna and so many others fill the pages alongside Sascha and Lucas, giving us longtime fans a true sense of how rich and expansive this world has become over the years, and leaving us with an intense desire to go back to the beginning and start all over again.

Those who have yet to read any of the books in this series should not start with this one, as the storylines from previous books all come to a head and there's no individual romance on which to focus when the unfamiliar politics might prove to be a bit confusing. Allegiance of Honor is truly a gift to the fans, a chance to revisit the past while basking in the present, watching and waiting with breath held to see what the future of the entire Psy-Changeling world is going to hold in store.

Rating: 4/5

Find Nalini:


This book was sent to me by the publisher free of charge for the purpose of a review
I received no other compensation and the above is my honest opinion.

15 comments:

  1. Sigh. I need to start this series already. 15 books definitely gives me plenty of buffer. Unless I love it so much that I go on a reading rampage. :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with Christy, I need to start it too but yikes. 15 books!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, 15 books!! And it sounds like this series is still going strong. I wonder how many more books will be written?

    ReplyDelete
  4. This series has been going in for so long! I'm glad it's still going strong. I read the first two books ages ago and really liked them, but never continued for some reason. Perhaps it's time for me to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Speaking of authors I want to check out, Nalini Singh is one of those authors. Intimidating as it is, I've never been one to back away from a challenge. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh interesting how it brings together all the couples. Like so many commenters, she is definitely an author I want to read more from, but I don't know where to start. She has so many books, it's daunting to think of!
    Lovely review, Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a few books behind in this series, Jenny, but I do miss the changelings a lot. I know some readers are disappointed this one is more a slice of life, but I'm thrilled that we get to see some what has been happening to our favorite couples.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oddly enough I was just thinking about picking this series up! Do you have to read in chronological order?

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oddly enough I was just thinking about picking this series up! Do you have to read in chronological order?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty cover! I've been meaning to pick someone by this author up for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really need to play catch-up on this series! I think I am only up to book #5.

    It's also nice that we get to see what the other characters are up to in this book.

    A lovely review, Sharon - Obsession with Books

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes it's amazing when authors do this kinda stuff for the fans and bring all the couples together so we can check on them!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This makes me happy,as you know I am on book 3 or 4. Excited to finally make it to this point and glad you are still loving things

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm thrilled, Jenny, that this series continues to be a favorite of yours. I would love to try the series some one day soon :)

    ReplyDelete