Wednesday, October 19, 2016

Waiting on Wednesday: Dark Breaks The Dawn

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


Sara B. Larson
Young Adult/Fantasy
Releases May 2017 from Scholastic

From Goodreads:

On her eighteenth birthday, Princess Evelayn of Eadrolan, the Light Kingdom, can finally access the full range of her magical powers. The light looks brighter, the air is sharper, and the energy she can draw when fighting feels almost limitless.

But while her mother, the queen, remains busy at the war front, in the Dark Kingdom of Dorjhalon, the corrupt king is plotting. King Bain wants control of both kingdoms, and his plan will fling Evelayn onto the throne much sooner than she expected.

In order to defeat Bain and his sons, Evelayn will quickly have to come into her ability to shapeshift, and rely on the alluring Lord Tanvir. But not everyone is what they seem, and the balance between the Light and Dark comes at a steep price.


I really enjoyed Sara's Defy series, so this one can't release soon enough for me. The heroine of the Defy series was as strong as they come, and it sounds like Evelayn with her magic and her ability to shapeshift is going to be badass in her own right, something that always makes me happy. I'm wondering if she's a swan shifter based on that crown, and if she is, that's not a shifter I've read about before so consider me intrigued. It's possible the swan is more symbolic than literal though, and while now I can't stop hoping for a swan shifter, I'm still counting the days until this book makes its way into my grabby hands!

18 comments:

  1. Ooh, I haven't read anything by this author before and I haven't even seen this around, but I am hooked! I adore the cover so now I have to get my hands on this, too! Thanks for putting this on my radar, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh that looks intriguing! I am loving the cover! Nice pick!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I didn't read this author's previous trilogy but I'm so in love with this cover and so intrigued by the synopsis!! Great pick Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This one is new to me and sounds really promising. I never got around to reading the Defy series, but I wanted to! Love the cover! Great pick, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this cover Jenny! What a great pick and I don't know how I've missed this before now but I so want to read it now too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I loved this author's debut trilogy! It was great, not super amazing, but really great. I have been looking forward to reading this new book for quite some time. Hopefully it does not disappoint. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get a chance to read it!

    Have a fabulous week, Jenny. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this is for sure one I want! I really enjoyed Defy series. Such a gorgeous cover. I hope you get your hands on it soon Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. That cover is fascinating!I haven't read Defy but this sounds like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I thought Larson's name seemed familiar when I saw the cover, I haven't read her Defy series, but I've heard the best things about her work. And Dark Breaks Dawn sounds fantastic! I especially love the gorgeous cover, great pick Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Such a pretty cover. Sounds like a good one. I will watch for it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Yeah, bring on a swan shifter! Heh. I still have yet to read anything by this author so I'm curious to read something by her!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great cover! I'm curious about this one.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I haven't tried this author, but the cover is gorgeous and the synopsis has me curious.

    ReplyDelete
  14. That is a gorgeous cover...and the synopsis sounds good, too!

    Hope you'll enjoy, Jenny. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I still need to read Defy or anything by Larson but I want to read them all! And this one? SWAN SHIFTERS?! YES PLEASE :D

    ReplyDelete