Friday, January 17, 2014

Interview: Hannah Jayne + See Jane Run


Today I'm pleased to have author Hannah Jayne stopping by the blog to answer a few questions about her latest young adult thriller, See Jane Run, which is out now from Sourcebooks Fire. Welcome to Supernatural Snark, Hannah!

Riley stumbles across evidence that not everything in her life is exactly as it appears to be. If you found yourself in Riley’s shoes, would you feel compelled to investigate or would you be more of the “ignorance is bliss” type in this particular situation?

I can’t leave well enough alone. I’m a picker, a poker, a looker, a “just one more”-er. I’d have to investigate.

If a playlist was created with your teenage years as inspiration, what would the first song on that list be?

Oh, good Lord. Probably Total Eclipse of the Heart. I was an emotional teen and my whole life was a powder keg giving off sparks!

See Jane Run is full of secrets small and large between Riley and her parents. What’s one small secret you didn’t feel your parents needed to know when you were a teenager?

Just one?! I kept a lot of secrets that I probably shouldn’t have. But they specifically didn’t need to know that I got arrested for breaking and entering (a total misunderstanding, I promise!) when I was sixteen and attending a party at my best friend’s house. His mom was out of town and the neighbor thought that 60 kids were breaking in.

If Riley could request the assistance of any fictional detective in figuring out what her parents are keeping from her, whom would she most like to partner with?

Sherlock Holmes! But the one who’s on TV right now because he’s super hot. Okay, maybe that’s who I’d want to pair up with…

Let’s say after her investigative experience in See Jane Run, Riley decides to start her own detective agency. What would the name and tagline of her new business be?

See Jane Run Detective Agency: We run so you don’t have to!

• • • • • • • • • • • 

SEE JANE RUN


I know who you are.

When Riley first gets the postcard tucked into her bag, she thinks it's a joke. Then she finds a birth certificate for a girl named Jane Elizabeth O'Leary hidden inside her baby book.

Riley's parents have always been pretty overprotective. What if it wasn't for her safety...but fear of her finding out their secret? What have they been hiding? The more Riley digs for answers, the more questions she has.

The only way to know the truth? Find out what happened to Jane O'Leary.



• • • • • • • • • • • 

HANNAH JAYNE


Hannah is the author of the UNDERWORLD DETECTION AGENCY CHRONICLES from Kensington books and the upcoming young adult thrillers TRULY, MADLY, DEADLY and SEE JANE RUN available from Sourcebooks, Inc. When she's not battling the demons of the Underworld or tackling a murderer at Hawthorne High, Jayne kicks her feet up in her San Francisco bay area home and attempts to share couch space with two enormous cats.

20 comments:

  1. Fun and witty interview, ladies! I love the sound of this YA which is something because I haven't really been drawn in by the category lately. I do love a good mystery and I'm already wondering what Jane's parents are hiding!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sherlock Holmes! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Right? I will also accept the Robert Downey, Jr. version:)

      Delete
  3. LOL, I have to agree that I'd love to pair up with Sherlock too! ;) Great interview, Jenny, and thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ME TOO KEERTANA. That would not be a hardship:)

      Delete
  4. Ooh, naughty kids! (And clueless neighbor. Though I'd appreciate a neighbor like that now that I'm older.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hahaha me too:) We don't have too many teenagers on our street, but I'd probably be that neighbor they all hated if we did.

      Delete
  5. Great interview! I liked this read, it was different and interesting and I liked all the twists it had.

    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am a picker and poker too and would investigate..LOL I love the new Sherlock Holmes on BBC too. Lovely interview and I am now curious about this novel.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I enjoyed a good bit of this novel, though i found it had a few flaws that I grappled with. I do really love Hannah's answers to your questions though! Great interview and feature, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This story sounds very emotional and one I think I would love. I like the whole searching for answers plot. Very cool!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am always looking for a good thriller and so this would be one I would be willing to take a gamble on! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YES to current tv's Sherlock! You can't go wrong with him, plus he is scarily good at reading the most obscure clues. I can't believe those neighbors thought 60 kids had broken into a house to party, that's hilarious! I hadn't heard of this book, but it sounds cool. Thanks for sharing this interview!

    ReplyDelete
  11. At least you know that the guy was looking out for the neighbor. I'm sure that is little consolation to you now though. :)

    This sounds so good. Would love to match up with Sherlock.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lol, I'd like to partner with Sherlock too

    ReplyDelete
  13. Okay that last line is really funny! I think I'd like to pair up with Sherlock but I might find him a little insufferable to work with or I'd find myself unnecessary!! As always Jenny, totally awesome interview! Definitely have this one on the radar!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh this is such a pretty cover! I love it. I haven't heard of this book or author but now I'd love to find out more. I love Sherlock too and I totally agree with the pick. Benedict is such a great actor. Off topic I know. Anyhow great interview, Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Total Eclipse of the Heart, I can so agree, I was SO emotional as a teen!
    This sounds fun, I like mysteries!

    ReplyDelete