Friday, April 25, 2014

Guest Post: Katie Cross + Miss Mabel's School for Girls


Today I'm pleased to have author Katie Cross stopping by the blog to tell us a little bit about her paranormal young adult novel, Miss Mabel's School for Girls. She's brought with her some fun things she thinks we need to be aware of before we tackle this story, so I hope you all enjoy. Welcome to Supernatural Snark Katie!

TEN THINGS I THINK YOU SHOULD KNOW BEFORE 
YOU READ MISS MABEL'S SCHOOL FOR GIRLS

1. There are no Cinderella types in my books.

2. My main character's name (Bianca) came from a street sign. Classy, right?

3. I don't believe in fairies. That actually has nothing to do with my book.

4. I'm a recovering cinnamon roll addict. This will make sense later.

5. My biggest fear is moose.

6. The word Letum means death in Latin. Read the back blurb and think on that a bit.

7. Snarky characters are my favorite. So . . . there may be one or five in my book.

8. I'm partial to tea.

9. I'm also partial to astronomy

10. I patterned the character Derek (Bianca's father) after my husband, so now I have a crush on him.

*Jenny approves of cinnamon roles and snark. Just wanted to put that out there...

• • • • • • • • • • • • • 

MISS MABEL'S SCHOOL FOR GIRLS


Never underestimate the power of a determined witch.

Letum Wood is a forest of fog and deadfall, home to the quietly famous Miss Mabel’s School for Girls, a place where young witches learn the art of magic.

Sixteen-year-old Bianca Monroe has inherited a deadly curse. Determined to break free before it kills her, she enrolls in the respected school to confront the cunning witch who cast the curse: Miss Mabel.

Bianca finds herself faced with dark magic she didn’t expect, with lessons more dangerous than she could have ever imagined. Will Bianca have the courage to save herself from the curse, or will Miss Mabel’s sinister plan be too powerful?

Miss Mabel’s School for Girls is the first novel in The Network Series, an exciting new fantasy collection. A gripping tale about the struggle to survive, it will take you to a new place and time, one you’ll never want to leave.


• • • • • • • • • • • 

KATIE CROSS


My world revolves around my husband (who is a major hottie), my Vizsla’s, and the mountains.

I wear hiking boots instead of heels when I need to feel powerful, and on a bad day, I love a weightlifting workout. Actually, I love it on a good day.

I don’t eat bread because my thyroid doesn’t like it, although there are days I miss it. Especially ciabatta. Sweet potatoes are kind of my thing. Cookies too.

I write because I never stopped.

36 comments:

  1. Heh, I'm a little confused what some of these points have to do with the book, but I'm definitely intrigued! Of course it's no surprise that I would be interested in reading a book featuring a school for magic :) Also, I love snarky characters!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun post! I didn't know this one but the synopsis is intriguing I confess. The cover is nice too. I think I'll wait for reviews! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice, I had not heard of this one before

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I hadn't heard about this book before, but now I'm fairly intrigued so I'll probably check it out!
    Thanks for sharing, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ooh, cinnamon rolls, snark, and astronomy? I'm officially intrigued... Thanks for putting this on my radar, Jenny!(:

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love snarky characters and cinnamon rolls too! This sounds like an interesting story, and I think it's adorable to crush on a character after writing him like your husband. I'll have to check this out, thanks for sharing! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now I want to know what some of those points have to do with the book, especially the cinnamon rolls and fairy tales ones. :)
    This sounds like a really fun and mysterious book, Jenny. I'm going to have to check it out.
    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL I guess you have to take inspiration where you find it, even if it's wrong a street sign. Entertaining post! Thanks for the smile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I don't know why but I just loved this one: My biggest fear is moose.

    LOL! I have seen moose in real life (on the street in Alaska no less!) and they are quite large and frightening up close.

    Fun post Jenny! I hope you have a fabulous weekend!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is such a fun post! I'm a fan of anything which contains cinnamon, and you've just reminded me that I haven't had anything containing cinnamon for a long time :( Also snarky characters are my absolute favourites!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the sounds of this one! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love snarky characters and cinnamon rolls too. I haven't heard of this one until now but it sounds like a fun read. Have you read it, Jenny?

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a cinnamon rolls addict all right, but the word recovery isn't in my vocabulary. An author with such great sense of humor HAS to write fabulous books so I went ahead a bought a copy on Smashwords. I wanted to get the paperback, but it's far too expensive on The Book Depository.
    Who cares? I can read it soon and that's all that matters.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I patterned the character Derek (Bianca's father) after my husband, so now I have a crush on him. NOW you have a crush on him? LOL!! I also approve of cinnamon rolls and snark. :D

    ReplyDelete
  15. Aw, thanks Jenny! This looks so great :) *blushing* What a fun surprise today!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Lol, fun list. I feel prepared to read this and I am feel pretty confident there will be no moose. hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ha - that would be awkward if you hated the character you patterned after you husband. And snark is always a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely reading this simply because I loved this post!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I really like the sound of the main character here. She sounds different from the other characters and I'm always happy to meet different types. Great post and thanks for sharing, Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Fabulous post! I also approve of cinnamon rolls and snark, AND developing a crush on a character based on your hubs--LOVE it! I also seriously want this book. Just sayin'

    Jessica @ Rabid Reads

    ReplyDelete
  21. Snarky characters are some of my favourites too, so I'd happily take one or five of them any day. ;) I also love that Katie based a character on her husband! This book is new to me, so thanks for drawing it to my attention.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Thanks for sharing! Her top ten has made me want to read this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. YAY for this post! As you know, I loved this book so I'm glad you featured it. Sorry I'm slow to comment, I have company visiting, my husband was on vacation (at home) and it just seems like last week was insane. Anyway, hopefully a few people pick this up cause it's a great read! And yes, I love snarky characters!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Cinnamon rolls...oh, nom, nom, nom. I'm sorry you have to recover from them, though. Thyroids, man. Ruining things for cinnamon roll lovers everywhere.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Giao diện web của bạn rất đẹp. Xem các trang web của tôi nhé
    việt nam hiếu học
    việt nam hiếu học
    học bổng du học mỹ
    smile woman
    smile woman shop
    phụ kiện nhà bếp inox
    ống đũa inox 304
    Cảm ơn bạn gần xa vì đã đọc đánh giá của mình

    ReplyDelete
  26. Nice information.. Thanks for sharing this blog, this blog is very helpful information for every one.. see my website also
    game xóc đĩa offline
    hack game xóc đĩa trên điện thoại
    quy luật chơi xóc đĩa

    ReplyDelete

  27. da ga sv388 đem lại những trãi nghiệm mới nhất. Cá cược ăn tiền thật như đang có mặt tại trường gà, chọn chiến kê yêu thích. Thanh toán nhanh chóng thông qua tài khoản ngân hàng, zalopay,…

    ReplyDelete