Saturday, January 22, 2011

In My Mailbox #18

In My Mailbox was created by Kristi over at The Story Siren and is a great way to see what other bloggers are reading and reviewing. I always love seeing what everyone else got for their week!



FOR REVIEW:
Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning (from Goodreads):

In an epic battle between humans and Fae, the hunter becomes the hunted when the Sinsar Dubh turns on Mac, and begins mowing a deadly path through those she loves.

Who can she turn to? Who can she trust? Who is the woman that haunts her dreams? More importantly, who is Mac and what is the destiny she glimpses in the black and crimson designs of an ancient tarot card?

From the luxury of the Lord Master's penthouse, to the sordid depths of an Unseelie nightclub, from the erotic bed of her lover, to the terrifying bed of the Unseelie King, Mac's journey will force her to face the truth of her exile, and make a choice that will either save the world...or destroy it.


In the Arms of Stone Angels by Jordan Dane

Two years ago, Brenna did the unthinkable. She witnessed the aftermath of a murder and accused her only true friend—the first boy she ever loved—of being a killer.

Now sixteen, Brenna returns to Oklahoma only to discover that Isaac “White Bird” Henry isn’t in juvie. The half-breed outcast is in a mental hospital, frozen in time, locked in his mind at the worst moment of his life. And when Brenna touches him, she’s pulled into his hellish vision quest, seeing terrifying demons and illusions she doesn’t understand.

Feeling isolated and alone, she’s up against the whole town, targeted by bullying former classmates, a bigoted small town sheriff, and a tribe who refuses to help one of their own. But when Brenna realizes she’s as trapped by the past as White Bird is, this time she won’t turn her back on him. She’s the only one who can free them both.

Even if she has to expose her secret—a “gift” she’s kept hidden her whole life.


BOUGHT:
Simply Irresistible by Jill Shalvis (from Goodreads):

Maddie Moore's whole life needs a makeover.

In one fell swoop, Maddie loses her boyfriend (her decision) and her job (so not her decision). But rather than drowning her sorrows in bags of potato chips, Maddie leaves L.A. to claim the inheritance left by her free-spirited mother-a ramshackle inn nestled in the little coastal town of Lucky Harbor, Washington.

Starting over won't be easy. Yet Maddie sees the potential for a new home and a new career-if only she can convince her two half-sisters to join her in the adventure. But convincing Tara and Chloe will be difficult because the inn needs a big makeover too.

The contractor Maddie hires is a tall, dark-haired hottie whose eyes-and mouth-are making it hard for her to remember that she's sworn off men. Even harder will be Maddie's struggles to overcome the past, though she's about to discover that there's no better place to call home than Lucky Harbor.

35 comments:

  1. Great books! I have read good things about Shadowfever by Karen Marie Moning , so I hope you enjoy it too. Happy Reading,Jenny! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great books! I've ben wanting to read Moning. Speaking of adult paranormal, I picked up the first True Blood book tonight b/c I'm stupidly worrying that I won't have enough to read on my cruise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You got three interesting novels. I've seen Shadowfever in bookstore but never read the summary until now. It sounds really interesting. Hope you enjoy your books!

    My Mailbox

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! Shadowfever! I just finished about an hour ago. Can't wait to read your thoughts on it.
    In the Arms of Stone Angels sounds chilling, in a good way.

    Great mailbox Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I haven't read an of the Fever series - didn't know about the series at all until Shadowfver came out! The series hasn't made it to the UK and I miss out...will have to order it online to check out..Good books there.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I heard the Fever series is amazing. I really need to start it. Enjoy your books :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OOh nice. I haven't read any of Karen Monings books yet but I've seen Shadowfever around quite a lot this week and lots of good things have been said. I hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I got my Shadowfever too! OK let's do major happy dance JIG! YES! I remember getting it and screaming like a lunatic ;)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great mailbox! Shadowfever looks great!

    You can find my post here:
    Quick Quotes Quills

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seems like everyone got Shadowfever this week! Saw a few with other Fever books though, they're smarter for starting it now that all the books are out. I started when there was just the 4, still not smart with that cliffhanger. :)

    Here's my IMM

    ReplyDelete
  11. Shadowfever! I'm reading it right now, only 50 or so pages in! I can't wait to see what happens!

    My IMM is here: The Reading Housewives

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ooooh nice mailbox, Jenny! I'm interested to see what you think of Shadowfever. The cover is nothing special, but I like the premise.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Shadowfever!!! Have you started it yet? I'm more than halfway through and I NEED to know how it ends! Can't wait to hear what you think of it :o) As you once said... BARRONS!!! To see what's IMM:

    http://readbtwnthelines-laura.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ugh, every blog I go to has been throwing Shadowfever in my face! I have got to get hip and buy it already!! And I'm excited about Stone Angels as well. I hope we like it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Everybody is talking about Shadowfever! I still haven't read this series..I should!

    Simply Irresistible sounds good :D Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I haven't read the Fever series but I heard so many people have been talking about it, must be good. Enjoy all your books! =)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I haven't read any of these books, but they sound great. I look forward to your reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great books this week! Looking forward to reading your thoughts!

    ReplyDelete
  19. awesome books! and YAY SHADOWFEVER!! did you finish it yet... ah so good. sad to see it end!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I have heard so much about Shadowfever- enjoy!
    Brandi from Blkosiner’s Book Blog

    ReplyDelete
  21. Awesome books, wish my copy of KMM's last book would get to me to read too! Enjoy Jenny, hope Jill Shavis book entertains you as much as the book blurb does me every time I read it, have to get a copy myself some time!

    Thanks for stopping by my IMM earlier, this is the longest have been on the computer in almost 2 weeks and enjoying seeing what everyone got in the mail!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I think I'm going to have to start reading these Fever books. :)

    ReplyDelete
  23. I'm only just hearing about this Fever series now but I'm definitely intrigued! I might be a bit faerie'd out after I finish the Wicked Lovely series but down the line, it sounds like a series I'd like to try. Anyway, happy reading! :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Awesome books (I can't wait to read Shadowfever!!)

    ReplyDelete
  25. "In the Arms of Stone Angels" looks so cool! I must add that to my list- can't wait to see what you think of it!
    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. I haven't caught up to Shadowfever, but I still want it. I also had been thinking about getting Stone Angels. Can't wait to see what you think of that one.

    ReplyDelete
  27. YAY! Shadowfever LOL cant wait to see you review! =D

    ReplyDelete
  28. I am just finishing the Iron Fey series (or of what is out) and I must read more books about the Fey! I have heard a lot of great things about the Fever series so I think I'll start with those. Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  29. Hope you enjoy your books!I was looking through the releases in your sidebar and grr I am so impatient for Lover Unleashed, it needs to freaking release already. I must find out what happens between Quinn and Blay. I could not care less for the female MC in it she seems kinda lame to be honest as well as her male match blah :P

    ReplyDelete
  30. Simply Irresistible sounds so cute and fun! I am going to put it on my TBR list. I am a bit lost now after having finished the Vampire Academy series (you were right...soooo good!)

    Looks like you had a great bookish week. I always love getting a look at your mailbox. :)

    ReplyDelete
  31. Shadowfever seems to be the hot book this week...:) Can't wait to see what you think on it! Happy Reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. I had not heard of In the Arms of Stone Angels before, but it sounds really good. Can't wait to see your review for it!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Great book haul!! I really need to read Shadowfever. It's a great series that I love. I also got that Stone Angels on Netgalley. I am looking forward to all of your reviews!!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Never heard of any of them..Thanks for sharing.

    I was a little late. But feel free to check out my new IMM videolog. I just posted :)
    http://moonstarsfantasyworld.blogspot.com/2011/01/in-my-mailbox-videolog_24.html

    ReplyDelete
  35. I got in the Arms of the Stone Angels, too! It really sounds interesting. I think I have to get on this Shadowfever bandwagon. I need to check out the first book!

    ReplyDelete