Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Teaser Tuesday: Across the Universe



Teaser Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by MizB at Should Be Reading and here's how it works:

Grab your current read
Open to a random page
Share a snippet from somewhere on that page but be careful not to include spoilers

My teaser this week is from Across the Universe by Beth Revis:

I feel something. I feel something. Warmth in my stomach. And I hear...the hum of electricity. I realize I hear it because it is coming from the tubes down my throat.

My body slips. Just a fraction of a millimeter, but it slips.
The ice is melting.

Oh, God.


ACROSS THE UNIVERSE from Goodreads:

Seventeen-year-old Amy joins her parents as frozen cargo aboard the vast spaceship Godspeed and expects to awaken on a new planet, three hundred years in the future. Never could she have known that her frozen slumber would come to an end fifty years too soon and that she would be thrust into the brave new world of a spaceship that lives by its own rules.

Amy quickly realizes that her awakening was no mere computer malfunction. Someone-one of the few thousand inhabitants of the spaceship-tried to kill her. And if Amy doesn't do something soon, her parents will be next.

Now Amy must race to unlock Godspeed's hidden secrets. But out of her list of murder suspects, there's only one who matters: Elder, the future leader of the ship and the love she could never have seen coming.

31 comments:

  1. Great teaser! I'm at the top of my library's hold queue for this book, and I can't wait to get my hands on it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eek! This sounds so exciting! I've heard so many great things about this book, and I can't wait to read it for myself! Thanks for sharing your teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the section you chose for the teaser. there's a lot of beautiful prose in there. Hope you're enjoying it :D

    xx Nomes

    ReplyDelete
  4. OH! I may have to get this book real soon I am torturing myself each time I see it lol.

    My Teaser Tuesday

    ReplyDelete
  5. great teaser.. this book is currently a resident of my TBR list... can't wait to read it!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Why do I not own this book yet?

    Love that teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've only read the first chapter and oh my gosh, it is so scary intense! Can't wait to get to this scene in the book. Great teaser! :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great teaser! I'm dying to read this book, it sounds fantastic.

    My teaser: http://crackaspinebookreviews.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-tuesday-2-delirium.html

    ReplyDelete
  9. I think I have to check out this book :)
    And love the colors on the cover :D

    Please feel free to check out my teaser this week:
    http://moonstarsfantasyworld.blogspot.com/2011/01/teaser-evermore.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't wait to read the book! Great teaser!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first few chapters are quite scary. There is no way I would hop on that ship. Can't wait for your review :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Ahh... nice teaser! I want to read this book ASAP.
    Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Whoa! That was intense!

    My teaser comes from Shadowfever but I have to wait til I go out and buy a copy, so it won't be up til later!

    a GREAT read

    Should have it up around or a little after 12pm today! Stop by if you can!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh wow...at first I thought that she was "warm" like falling in love warm, but then you realize that she's literally warm because she's melting.

    ReplyDelete
  15. YAY! awesome book! cant wait for your thoughts =D

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG loveeee that teaser! I'm really dying to finally read this book! It sounds so amazing and beautiful, and the prose (even from that teaser) is gorgeous. Excellent pick, Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I totally can't wait to read this one. It's not out here until March, so I still have a wait!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great teaser! Glad that you are reading this book and I look forward to your review!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Ugh, I want to read it so bad! I just got my copy in the mail yesterday. ;D

    ReplyDelete
  20. I really enjoyed those parts and wondered where the author would have taken this if it was an adult book rather than a YA? Possibly waaayyy down the rabbit hole and I'd love to read that one!

    ReplyDelete
  21. I hope that you are enjoying this and happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I´m so looking forward to reading this! (Aaaand I´m so envious of you, because as I just saw: You´ve got an ARC of Archangel´s Consort in your hands!;-D)
    Check out my teaser when you´ve got some time!
    Lea @ Reading Against All Odds

    ReplyDelete
  23. Yikes, what is going on here?!?! I have this waiting for me on my massive TBR list and I can't wait to read it! Happy reading :)

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh wow this is really good! I have to get this book!

    Come check out my Teaser Tuesday!

    Lucia
    iLive, iLaugh, iLove Books.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great teaser! I can't wait to read this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great teaser! Hope you are having a great week!

    ReplyDelete