Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Waiting on Wednesday: Starstruck

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!



STARSTRUCK
Cyn Balog
Paranormal Young Adult
Releases July 12th

From Goodreads:

Gwendolyn "Dough" X doesn't think she has much going for her—she carries a few extra pounds, her family struggles with their small bakery in a town full of millionaires, and the other kids at her New Jersey high school don't seem to know that she exists. Thank the stars for her longtime boyfriend, Philip P. Wishman—or "Wish." He moved away to California three years ago, when they were 13, but then professed his love for her via e-mail, and he's been her long-distance BF ever since.

At the beginning of her junior year, though, Wish e-mails that he's moving back to Jersey. Great, right? Well, except that Dough has gained about 70 pounds since the last time Wish saw her, while Wish—according to his Facebook photos—has morphed into a blonde god. Convinced that she'll be headed for Dumpsville the minute Wish lays eyes on her, Dough delays their meeting as long as she possibly can.

But when she sees Wish at school, something amazing happens. He looks at Dough like she's just as gorgeous as he is. But Wish is acting a little weird, obsessed with the sun and freaked out by rain. And the creepy new guy working at the bakery, Christian, is convinced that there's more to Wish's good looks than just healthy eating and lots of sun. He tells Dough that a mark on Wish's neck marks him as a member of the Luminati—an ancient cult of astrologers who can manipulate the stars to improve their lives. Is Wish and Dough's love meant to be—or are they star-crossed?


I just like the sound of this one, it seems like it could be a really different take on a teenage paranormal romance. I also very much want to know why rain freaks him out. Will he melt down into blonde god goo? That could put a damper on their relationship:)

Love the cover of this one as well, it's just so bright and colorful and would certainly catch my eye on the shelf.

36 comments:

  1. LOL that makes me curious too I can understand the sun but rain?

    Here's my WOW My WOW

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fascinating! I totally did not expect what came at the end of the summary. I will be looking forward to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm kind of reluctant to read this one because I didn't really like Sleepless, but this cover keeps drawing me in. Oh why am I such a sucker for a pretty cover?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, and that could put a damper on their relationship? I love you you punny goddess.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't really get into Sleepless either but the premise sounds kind of interesting and the cover is pretty. I think I'll wait for you to review this one first before I decide to read it :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Also love the sound of this. I have yet to read any of her other books (I'm looking forward to Fairy Tale and Sleepless), but this one sounds just as fabulous! Great choice Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh this sounds fascinating. I have not heard of this one yet but am definitely putting it on my wish list. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  8. haha that makes me curious to. The part about the rain xD Thanks for sharing. But guess I have to wait with this one. Since there are so many books and so little time xD

    But really looking forward to read your review when you get your hands on the book :) Maybe you revile the rain secret xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interesting. I haven't read any of Cyn Balog's books, but I like the premise. And the cover -- this one is just pretty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Super cover! I love it. I hope you get it and soon!
    You can check out our WOW at Attack of the Book!
    http://attackofthebook.com/2011/01/12/waiting-wednesday-dark-beginnings/

    ReplyDelete
  11. 'Blonde god goo' LOL Jenny! Let's hope not. It does sound like a interesting and unique paranormal romance. Great pick :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think all of Balog's covers have been gorgeous, but this one looks a bit Christmassy.

    Sounds neat, but I might wait to see what you think of it. :)

    Jennifer (An Abundance of Books)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooh, wow. This sounds like a mixture of the best of paranormal romance and contemporary fiction. And I love the cover.

    ReplyDelete
  14. YES! I totally want to read this book. I loved her other books. They had me hooked immediately. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Jenny I am not liking the cover as much as you, do however admit it is striking and different... I do however love the blurb and have added this one to my wishing to read also! My WoW

    jackie >_<

    ReplyDelete
  16. The cover is amazing! It's just so pretty (as strange and childish as that sounds ;) )

    Here's my WoW

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh, I just adore the premise of this one (and the cover!) I'm dying to read it. Great pick, Jenny! It sounds like something I really should read on this year :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. That is a great pick! I think it is going to be a good year for YA readers!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Great pick! I haven't read any of her books, but I met her at a book festival this past summer. She is soooo nice! I will have to add this to my TBR list. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Lol, "blond god goo" I like the cover and the synopsis sounds really different. It's on my to read list too. Great pick!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Sounds intriguing! I will have to check this one out when it is released. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  22. I'm with you on the cover, it's so simple and beautiful. So many covers are overdone. I love this!

    ReplyDelete
  23. here's mine http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/01/waiting-on-wednesday_12.html

    ReplyDelete
  24. Does seem like a different book...might be intriguing...:D

    ReplyDelete
  25. You know... I've seen this book and haven't really looked at it. Yea, I know... cover whore and all that... but now, I'm very curious. Hmm... Darn it! Now I have to wishlist this book too! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Great Pick!! I really like this author, her last one Sleepless was so adorable!!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This cover is just stunning. I can't wait to read this one, thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Wow, this one sounds incredible! I'm definitely putting this one on my TBR list...Awesome choice :D

    ReplyDelete
  29. This sounds really good! Putting on my TBR list.

    Here's my WoW.

    ReplyDelete
  30. This one sounds very interesting. I must say that I giggled a bit at "blond god goo" xD I wonder why he's freaked of rain, as well. o-o

    ReplyDelete
  31. Oh gosh... I don't know what to think about this. I was so excited for Cyn's "Sleepless", but I thought that it was a huge let-down, so I am just worried that this might be the same... I think I'll wait for your review of it Jenny before I prance off and buy myself a copy ;)

    ReplyDelete
  32. Great pick! I love the synopsis. It sounds so intriguing!

    ReplyDelete
  33. Sounds very interesting! It will go on my TBR list.

    NC

    ReplyDelete