Monday, December 28, 2015

Top 5 Most Anticipated of 2016

Hi Everyone!

I hope you all had an amazing holiday full of family, food, books, laughter, more books and then even more books:) I still have family in town to celebrate the new year, but I wanted to do a quick post to share the top 5 books I'm most looking forward to in 2016.

It should be noted that my 2016 must-have list is embarrassingly long, but these 5 are the ones I would consider camping out for if I thought there was a chance I'd get them even a minute early. I'm not much of a camper though, so there would need to be chocolate present to literally sweeten the deal ;-)

*makes grabby hands*

In no particular order:

THE SONG RISING
The Bone Season #3

On the eve of a new decade, after two hundred years of Scion rule, a revolution is beginning. Its unlikely cradle is the clairvoyant underworld in London, and even an old ally’s betrayal cannot stop it.

But an enemy from Paige Mahoney’s past is about to return – an enemy that could quench the flame of hope for good . . .

A COURT OF MIST AND  FURY
A Court of Thorns and Roses #2

Feyre survived Amarantha's clutches to return to the Spring Court--but at a steep cost. Though she now has the powers of the High Fae, her heart remains human, and it can't forget the terrible deeds she performed to save Tamlin's people.

Nor has Feyre forgotten her bargain with Rhysand, High Lord of the feared Night Court. As Feyre navigates its dark web of politics, passion, and dazzling power, a greater evil looms--and she might be key to stopping it. But only if she can harness her harrowing gifts, heal her fractured soul, and decide how she wishes to shape her future--and the future of a world cleaved in two.

THE KING SLAYER
The Witch Hunter #2

Former witch hunter Elizabeth Grey is hiding within the magically protected village of Harrow, evading the price put on her head by Lord Blackwell, the usurper king of Anglia. Their last encounter left Blackwell ruined, but his thirst for power grows stronger every day. He's readying for a war against those who would resist his rule--namely Elizabeth and the witches, wizards, pirates, and healers she now calls her friends.
Having lost her stigma, a magical source of protection and healing, Elizabeth's strength is tested both physically and emotionally. War always means sacrifice, and as the lines between good and evil blur once more, Elizabeth must decide just how far she'll go to save those she loves.

HEARTLESS

Long before she was the terror of Wonderland — the infamous Queen of Hearts — she was just a girl who wanted to fall in love.

Catherine may be one of the most desired girls in Wonderland, and a favorite of the yet-unmarried King of Hearts, but her interests lie elsewhere. A talented baker, all she wants is to open a shop with her best friend and supply the Kingdom of Hearts with delectable pastries and confections. But according to her mother, such a goal is unthinkable for the young woman who could be the next Queen.

At a royal ball where Cath is expected to receive the king's marriage proposal, she meets Jest, the handsome and mysterious court joker. For the first time, she feels the pull of true attraction. At the risk of offending the King and infuriating her parents, she and Jest enter into an intense, secret courtship.

Cath is determined to define her own destiny and fall in love on her terms. But in a land thriving with magic, madness, and monsters, fate has other plans.

STRANGE THE DREAMER

Strange the Dreamer is the story of:

the aftermath of a war between gods and men.
a mysterious city stripped of its name.
a mythic hero with blood on his hands.
a young librarian with a singular dream.
a girl every bit as perilous as she is imperiled.
alchemy and blood candy, nightmares and godspawn, moths and monsters, friendship and treachery, love and carnage.

Welcome to Weep.

31 comments:

  1. Heartless! I can't wait to read it myself. :)
    You're going to have to tell me how A Court of Misty & Fury goes when you read it. I loved the 1st, but the talk of triangles in this one makes me want to run far far far away. I'll be waiting for your review. :)
    I hope all these books wind up being amazing for you, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm hoping there won't be a dreaded triangle, they seemed on pretty sure footing at the end of the first book. Sarah J. Maas can be brutal though, so I'll flip to the end first and will let you know ;-)

      Delete
  2. I can't wait for Heartless and Strange the Dreamer either, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm the Laini Taylor one, I want that one

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah yess The Song Rising is one of my most anticipated releases of next year, too!! The wait is going to be killer, though. xD

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my gosh Jenny, these all look fabulous! I still need to read some of the first books (so behind!) but I've heard so many great things, I just know I will love them as much as you did!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I can't recommend A Court of Thorns and Roses or The Bone Season enough Ali, they're so good!

      Delete
  6. Ooooh man, YES TO A COURT OF MIST AND FURY! I need that bad boy like air XD Stranger the Dreamer and Heartless are also ones I'm dying to get my hands on! GAH! So many good books coming out in 2016 :D Awesome picks Jenny and if I don't talk to you again before then: HAPPY NEW YEAR ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 2016 is definitely going to be a winner of a year Micheline:)

      Delete
  7. I think I'm most excited for Heartless, because Marissa Meyer hasn't let me down yet!

    And I'm soo ready to read more by Laini!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me either Amber, and I can't wait for this one:)

      Delete
  8. YES!! I'm doing all the grabby hands to all of these books except for the sequel to The Witch Hunter because I still haven't read that one (hopefully soon).
    Maybe we'll get some of these at BEA!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed The Witch Hunter Pili! It wasn't quite what I expected but I loved it:)

      Delete
  9. Oh my YESSSSS! I still need to start a few series you have later books of here on this list and I hope to get started this coming year. Laini Taylor's book needs to be here before Sept!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Except for the first one, I was shaking my head enthusiastically in agreement (I still need to pick up Bone Season).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I loved the Bone Season Rummanah, I hope you give it a try!

      Delete
  11. I hadn't heard of any of these! They look fantastic. Enjoy, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I can't wait for a court of miat and fury and heartless!!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel like I'm so out of touch lately. I haven't read any of the series you're mentioning. And I only heard of the Marissa Meyer book yesterday. I am looking forward to it though.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you get to read some of them Alison, they're the ones that are topping my list:)

      Delete
  14. Oh yes, these are great picks! I haven't read all of these authors, but most of them I have and also love!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Looking forward to a lot of these too! Especially A Court of Mist and Fury (so curious as to what will happen after the ending of book one) and The Song Rising (can't believe we have to wait until November for that one!).

    ReplyDelete
  16. I am one third of myself. I had to sever into three in order to grab and read ACOMAF, Strange the Dreamer, and Heartless at the same time and hold them forever and ever.

    Except, you know, I can't. Not for another few months. What torture that will be.

    I agree with your picks so, so much. And I'm ridiculously excited about them all.

    - Lexie

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete