Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: 2016 Debuts

http://www.brokeandbookish.com/p/top-ten-tuesday-other-features.html

This is my very first Top Ten Tuesday! WOO HOO! This week's topic asked us to feature the top ten 2016 debuts we're most looking forward to, and I figured this prompt was a great place to start with a meme that will hopefully become one I can participate in more often. A huge thanks to The Broke and the Bookish for hosting each week!

JENNY'S TOP TEN 2016 DEBUTS
(in no particular order)



This debut promises a marriage of Death and Destruction (both words capitalized!) as well as a focus on Indian mythology, and for those two reasons I'm completely sold.



This one obviously doesn't have a real cover yet, but it's YA fantasy (my very favorite genre) with a sorcerer heroine and a world full of monsters against whom she can demonstrate the extent of her badassery. Yes, please.



Normally I would stay far, far away from anything that could even remotely be labeled horror, but Burning sounds too good to pass up. Paranormal happenings at a juvenile correctional facility? Count me in. *stocks up on chocolate to stress-eat as I read*



That cover! I love all the keys and the poor woman chasing down the coach that's so rudely left her behind. Plus this features the pretend-relationship romantic trope, and I always love watching as things inevitably shift from farce to true feelings.



"In a perfect world, sixteen-year-old Phoebe Martins’ life would be a book. Preferably a YA novel with magic and a hot paranormal love interest."

YES PHOEBE! Phoebe and I are cut from the same cloth, so I couldn't be more excited for Bookishly Ever After! I'm slightly biased as well since I had the pleasure of working on this cover, but I would still be obsessed with it regardless:)



Fantasy, magic, Russia and an ancient duel of magical skill. I need to know nothing more about this one.



These Vicious Masks is being marketed as "Jane Austen meets X-Men", and while I typically don't put much stock in book comparisons, that combination sounds too good to pass up. Plus, I'm always fascinated by a Victorian London setting, so February can't come soon enough for me!



Apparently I have a thing for books that have the word "burning" in the title as this is the 3rd one on this list:) I featured this title a couple weeks ago, but I'm excited enough about it that it bears mentioning twice!



The great-great grandchildren of Holmes and Watson find themselves suspects in the murder of a fellow student and must conduct their own investigation to clear their names. No-brainer:)



Though I don't read much MG, I had to include this one because it not only sounds amazing, but it's also written by a friend. Jen Maschari was a client of mine years ago when I was a wedding stationer, and we've stayed in touch since I started the blog and we discovered a shared love of all things fiction. I couldn't be more excited for her Balzer + Bray debut to hit shelves in February!

35 comments:

  1. Ohhh that first one with Indian mythology sounds cool

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice! Those are new to me ones for the most part! Seeing a lot of the first one!

    Here's my Tuesday Post

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad I could put some of them on your radar!

      Delete
  3. Well, I had most of these in my list of books to watch out for, but a pair of them I must add right now!
    Great picks, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOO HOO! Adding books to my list is my favorite thing:)

      Delete
  4. We have a lot of the same picks! I am really looking forward to Love & Lies, Bookishly Ever After, Vicious Masks, and Charlie Price- so excited for Jen as well! Great list, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So much awesome in this list, Jenny! I'm excited for The Star Touched Queen & The Crown's Game especially!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love that not only do I love the synopsis for all of these, but the covers too! Great picks Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving this list, Jenny!! We have a few of the same, and then some of these are new to me, so you KNOW I'll be getting my butt over to Goodreads to add them to my to-read list PROMPTLY! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YEAH LISA! It was hard to narrow it down to 10, I basically wanted to just copy and paste the Goodreads debut list into this post:)

      Delete
  8. Great list! Love, Lies & Spies looks very interesting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You and I, it seems we have the exact same taste in books. Which is no surprise since I've been reading your blog for years now. But I pretty much want to read almost every single of these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Jenny, you are a temptress of books! :D I can't wait to read some of these. Just let me know if I need to keep the lights on before picking up "Burning". I'll let you handle it first. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm going to get that added to my business card Rummanah ;-)

      And I'll keep you posted on Burning. If I make it all the way through without getting into the fetal position, you'll know you're safe:)

      Delete
  11. I haven't looked too far into 2016, so I don't have much clue as to what is on the horizon for next year as far as debut authors go. Thanks for putting these on my radar.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Burning is a book after my own heart. I know you shy away from horror, but I'm SO excited about this one and I'm happy to see that you are, too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm nervous about it Maja, I won't lie, but I'm too intrigued to not to give it a try:)

      Delete
  13. I have a few of these on mine and I'm definitely looking forward to the others you have here. 2016 looks like it's going to be a great year for books!

    Michelle @ Michelle's Minions

    My TTT

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy Hannah! These titles look awesome. I keep seeing the same ones from everyone's posts. Lol.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We probably got them all off the same Goodreads list:)

      Delete
  15. Fantastic list! Some of these covers are just stunning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aren't they? I want all of them on my shelf immediately:)

      Delete
  16. Love, Lies & Spies looks like so much fun! The cover is super busy (all those keys!) and yet it somehow works, and stands out from most other YA covers. I do quite like the pretend-relationship trope too, it can be super sweet to watch both characters slowly realize their true feelings <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree completely! Normally a black and white that had a lot going on wouldn't stand out to me, but I adore it:)

      Delete
  17. Ooo new pretties to add to my tbr pile. Now I need to read each synopsis and add to my wishlist!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These Vicious Masks and The Burning Glass looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow, These Vicious Masks is new to me and it sounds truly brilliant! I can't wait for the Crown's Game as well.

    ReplyDelete