Wednesday, December 30, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday: Ever The Hunted

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


Erin Summerill
YA Fantasy
Releases December 2016 from Harcourt Childrens Books

From Goodreads:
Seventeen year-old Britta Flannery is at ease only in the woods with her dagger and bow. She spends her days tracking criminals alongside her father, the legendary bounty hunter for the King of Malam—that is, until her father is murdered. Now outcast and alone and having no rights to her father’s land or inheritance, she seeks refuge where she feels most safe: the Ever Woods. When Britta is caught poaching by the royal guard, instead of facing the noose she is offered a deal: her freedom in exchange for her father’s killer.

However, it’s not so simple.

The alleged killer is none other than Cohen McKay, her father’s former apprentice. The only friend she’s ever known. The boy she once loved who broke her heart. She must go on a dangerous quest in a world of warring kingdoms, mad kings, and dark magic to find the real killer. But Britta wields more power than she knows. And soon she will learn what has always made her different will make her a daunting and dangerous force.

First of all the typography on this cover makes me giddy (even if the "e" in Ever is a tiny bit hard to read since it balloons out to wrap under Hunted). It just screams fantasy, and given the fact that I've been addicted to YA fantasy for a couple years now, I started obsessing over this book as soon as I found it. Also? I have a soft spot for second chance romances where one party has been betrayed or or had their heart broken by the other, so the relationship between Britta and Cohen has me wishing I could fast forward an entire year so this one would already be in my hands. *shakes fist at December 2016*

33 comments:

  1. I agree girl! That "E" is super hard to read. I'm not sure why they decided to do it like that, but I assume like you said, they wanted to make sure that it looked like fantasy? I like it though and it sounds good too! I hope you like it! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The "e" is a little wonky for sure, but the rest of it is so gorgeous:)

      Delete
  2. I'm with you, Jenny! I'm loving this typography too. And yes to the second chance romance! But OMG. Dec 2016. That's one whole year away. D:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I KNOW!!! I may have started crying when I saw the release date:)

      Delete
  3. December 2016?? Oi Jenny!! Now you got me excited for a book that won't be out in a WHOLE YEAR??? *shakes fist*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In my defense, I didn't know the release date until after I'd done the whole post. I was distracted by the pretty cover ;-)

      Delete
  4. That one sounds intriguing! Will keep an eye on that one! Hope you love it!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Doesn't it? I couldn't be more excited for it:)

      Delete
  5. That cover is gorgeous and the premise is SUPER intriguing!! This is the first I've heard of it but you've clearly got my attention here LOL! Even though it's a bit early to get excited about it, I can't help it, I'm waiting on this right along with you Jenny :D Wishing you all the best in 2016, bookish or otherwise <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. RIGHT?! It sounds so good Micheline! Stupid December 2016.

      Delete
  6. Why, why, WHY did I not hear about this book until now? BLESS YOU, JENNY, FOR BRINGING IT TO MY ATTENTION. Now I can suffer alongside everyone else who's eagerly anticipating it. Fun!

    - Lexie

    ReplyDelete
  7. You just HAD to pick one that's about as far out as you can get, didn't you?! This sounds AMAZING!!! I want it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This one does sound good! That typography is amaze. I love the color too. Here is my wow pick http://angelerin.blogspot.com/2015/12/waiting-on-wednesday-alight-by-scott.html?m=0

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was sold by the cover, but the first line got me positively excited! I love me heroines with weapons :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! Heroines with weapons for the win Amber!

      Delete
  10. Oh this one does sound good and I hope you get it. I agree with you on the cover. So lovely. I wonder if there was less "shine" on the letterings the "e" would be easier to see? Hm...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Possibly. It's not great for viewing at thumbnail size, but I bet when it's printed it's going to be breathtaking:)

      Delete
  11. Beautiful cover and it sounds really good! Have to add it to my TBR. Great pick!
    Check out my WOW

    ReplyDelete
  12. Gosh I cannot wait to read this book as well! I am sold! The amazing cover doesn't hurt. :D I hope you enjoy this book when you get the chance to read it, Jenny!

    Happy New Year. :)

    Check out my WoW post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. WOO HOO! Everyone needs to add this to their lists:)

      Delete
  13. Wow, that is a gorgeous cover! I hope the story lives up to it.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hahaha! Only you, my friend would get excited over Typography!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This is one of my most anticipated books of 2016, too bad it's soooo far away :(

    ReplyDelete
  16. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete