Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Waiting on Wednesday: The Flame Never Dies

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


The Stars Never Rise #2
Rachel Vincent
Paranormal Young Adult
Releases from Delacorte Press August 2016

From Goodreads:

ONE SPARK WILL RISE. Nina Kane was born to be an exorcist. And since uncovering the horrifying truth—that the war against demons is far from over—seventeen-year-old Nina and her pregnant younger sister, Mellie, have been on the run, incinerating the remains of the demon horde as they go.

In the badlands, Nina, Mellie, and Finn, the fugitive and rogue exorcist who saved her life, find allies in a group of freedom fighters. They also face a new threat: Pandemonia, a city full of demons. But this fresh new hell is the least of Nina’s worries. The well of souls ran dry more than a century ago, drained by the demons secretly living among humans, and without a donor soul, Mellie’s child will die within hours of its birth.

Nina isn’t about to let that happen . . . even if it means she has to make the ultimate sacrifice.

LOOK AT THAT GORGEOUS COVER! The Stars Never Rise had an equally beautiful cover, and I obsessed over the start to this series from the moment I saw it. Normally demon-related stories are not my thing as they absolutely terrify me, but Rachel Vincent never fails to suck me in with her gritty awesomeness. I'm really looking forward to seeing where things go, though I have to admit to being slightly alarmed by the last line of the synopsis. Rachel Vincent is an author who isn't afraid to emotionally eviscerate her readers, so I know this will be one of those instances where I flip immediately to the end and read it first ;-)

19 comments:

  1. Gorgeous cover! This will be a must for me as well Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh nice cover! I only tried a book by the author, I should try more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh yes! Definitely looking forward to this one! Love Rachel's books!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have never read Vincent's novels, but I have heard good things. I will have to check this series out and I agree....gorgeous cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I *still* need to read The Stars Never Rise. IT IS on my TBR though and I've heard SO many good things about it! :) I also have a bunch of other things by Vincent on my TBR but I haven't read anything by her. I should work on fixing that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't tell you just how excited I am for this book, Jenny! The first book was so amazing and also a little underrated sadly. I thought I was done with YA paranormal books until I read this one. I can't wait!! :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. AUGUST 2016? But I can't, BUT I CAN'T!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I still need to read The Stars Never Rise Jenny but I know I'll love it when I do - it seems like a 'me' book ;) But man, I LOVE the cover for this one...the series so far looks stunning in any case! I hope that you'll love this one just as much (or MORE!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's beautiful! I still need to read the first book, but I will get to it very soon! Great pick!

    Micehlle @ Michelle's Minions

    My WoW

    ReplyDelete
  10. I still haven't read the first book although I own it, but now seeing that synopsis... I'm tempted to wait until the final book comes out and binge read the whole series!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a pretty cover. I'll have to look up the first book.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Now Now, Jenny, no cheating and reading the end first.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh I still need to read that first book. This one also looks divine. Now, no flipping. I only do that to see if the dog survives. :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Really loving the titles of these books so far. Enjoy, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  15. SO DAMN FAR AWAY!!! I loved the first book, and you are spot on about how Vincent doesn't hesitate to gut you. I can't wait for this one; definitely one of my most anticipated releases for 2016. Great pick, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I still need to read the first one. It looks like such a great series. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. That cover is SO gorgeous!! I NEED to read book one - hope you love this one as much, Jenny :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete