Wednesday, December 2, 2015

Waiting On Wednesday: The Shadow Hour

Waiting on Wednesday is a weekly event hosted by Breaking The Spine and is a fun way to see what books other bloggers just can't wait to get their hands on!


The Girl at Midnight #2
Melissa Gray
Young Adult/Fantasy
Releases July 2016 from Delacorte Press

From Goodreads:

Everything in Echo's life changed in a blinding flash when she learned the startling truth: she is the firebird, the creature of light that is said to bring peace.

The firebird has come into the world, but it has not come alone. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction, and Echo can feel a great and terrible darkness rising in the distance. Cosmic forces threaten to tear the world apart.

Echo has already lost her home, her family, and her boyfriend. Now, as the firebird, her path is filled with even greater dangers than the ones she's already overcome.

She knows the Dragon Prince will not fall without a fight.

Echo must decide: can she wield the power of her true nature--or will it prove too strong for her, and burn what's left of her world to the ground?

Welcome to the shadow hour.

I absolutely adored The Girl at Midnight, so the wait for this sequel is going to be a long and painful one (WTH July?!). Echo proved to be a heroine I could really root for, and while I was worried the romance would be tricky given she technically has a boyfriend when things start to develop with Caius, I thought everything was handled really well. I'm really looking forward to seeing how things progress:)

Plus, the cover has negative space dragons. LOOK AT THEM! All creepy and glorious:)

19 comments:

  1. Man, I want that book right freaking now too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a nice cover. I wonder if I have already read a book by this author..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Like you, I was such a huge fan of The Girl at Midnight and July seems like a million years away. There will be arcs, hopefully, which will shorten the time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Did you make the space dragons? Looks like your style

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved the first book cover but I think I loooove this one EVEN MOOOOREEEEE!!
    I wonder if there will be ARCs of this one at BEA???

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh yes! Sooo looking forward to this one too!

    Here's my WoW

    Have a GREAT day!

    Old Follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have not read book one, but I want to! Also, I had the same thought as Blodeuedd - I thought maybe you designed this cover! Great pick, Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an awesome cover! I'm tempted to add it just for that! lol

    ReplyDelete
  9. Girl at Midnight is on my wishlist...hmm probably because of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I haven't read The Girl at Midnight but I hope you enjoy the sequel!

    My WoW

    Zareena @ The Slanted Bookshelf

    ReplyDelete
  11. I kind of forgot about the first book. I may have to think about it getting it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I still haven't read the first one, can you imagine Jenny?! Ugh sometimes real life really puts a cramp in my reader-style LOL! I'd added the first one to my tbr shelf as soon as the cover was out there...I really must get my hands on it befoe the sequel comes out :) Excellent pick^^ xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oo pretty! This sounds so good Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I still have my copy of Girl at Midnight to read, but I plan on getting to it soon since I am furiously working on my ARCS. I am kind of glad I put it off, now I don't have as long to wait. Hoping I love it as much as you did.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love the cover too. So need to read Girl at Midnight. NEED! :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. Yes! I loved The Girl at Midnight. I can't wait for this one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I just finished this one so I shall wait along side you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I just finished this one so I shall wait along side you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Yes, Yes!! I really fell for The Girl at Midnight - so feeling grabby hands :)

    ReplyDelete