Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Wednesday Flourish: Tempest

Happy Hump Day Everyone!

I'm really excited today to reveal the cover for the third book in the Wings of War series by Karen Ann Hopkins, Tempest. I'm not going to say very much about our process in developing this third cover because I'm going to be doing a cover evolution post with Tempest on Friday, so you'll get to see the step by step process there:)

Before I share the cover though, here's a quick reminder of the first two books, Embers and Gaia:


Each of the books in this series focuses on a different element, with protagonist Ember learning how to wield fire in Embers and control earth in Gaia, so Karen and I wanted the wings to reflect the focal element of each book. What's the element for Tempest you ask? You might have an inkling based on the title. WATER. And this cover is definitely my favorite of the series, so I hope you guys love it as much as Karen and I do!


Ember must stop the apocalypse from happening, but at what cost?

The Angels of destruction have arrived, and only Ember stands in the way of their mission to carry out God’s wrath and annihilate His enemies.
When the barrier between celestial creatures and humans beings is broken and Angels descend to Earth, Ember soon learns there’s a fine line between good and evil. As she faces a world full of monsters and magic, a terrifying darkness rises and threatens to destroy everything she’s fighting for.

In the riveting third installment of The Wings of War series, Ember and her friends embark on an epic journey, where unlikely allies are forged and age-old beliefs crumble to dust. And just when Ember accepts love in her life, it’s ripped away from her in the most terrifying way possible.


Tempest releases late January 2016

Find Embers:


Find Gaia:

34 comments:

  1. Oh a new great one again! great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The do still love the fire one cos fire just pops, but I do think the water one is my new fav

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ahh I love it. You've done a great job keeping each one unique while keeping the series connected.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Christy, I have so much fun with these series:)

      Delete
  4. Ooooh, what a gorgeous gorgeous one!! It might be my fave too! I love the main character's pose and attitude too! And the watery wings? Awesome!!
    Brilliant job once again Jenny!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Pili! I just love the water wings in this one, I'm so glad you love them too:)

      Delete
  5. Great job! This one is my favorite. LOVE the ocean! Can't wait to see your process on Friday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These covers are so gorgeous, Jenny! You keep outdoing yourself with every cover.

    Thank you so much for sharing <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. THANK YOU! Karen and I work really well together:)

      Delete
    2. You've out done yourself with this one, Jenny. You captured my vision perfectly. I love them all, which I think is a real triumph! Thank you for all the wonderful covers you've created for me. You're the best!

      Delete
  7. STUNNING!!! You continue are amaze me. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Loving this one, Jenny! It might be my favorite too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Holy wow!! This is definitely my favorite of the series too, Jenny! I love all the water. It has The Perilous Sea vibe to it and that's one of my all-time favorite covers. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yaaaay! I was really hoping everyone would love this as much as Karen and I do:)

      Delete
  10. I really love the theme of these covers. Absolutely gorgeous! I like Gaia best, but Earth is my element so I 'connect' with it strongest. But all three of these covers are absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm a water girl, so I think that's why I'm so drawn to this one:) So glad you love them Candace!

      Delete
  11. Gosh, the covers just get better and better. I love the wings on the new one. As always, brilliant, Jenny.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I'm loving the flourish posts! This one also rocks. I love the water one. Beautiful as always!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Melissa! I'm excited to share the step by step process on Friday:)

      Delete
  13. All the Wings of War cover designs are striking, but this one is definitely my favorite. Tempest is loaded with creative details. Especially noteworthy are
    Ember's wings, as one can practically feel the water sprays. Incredible. Beautiful work Jenny!
    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ooo I think Tempest is my favorite..I just love the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  15. They are all beyond gorgeous!! I really need to start this series.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Gorgeous, Jenny! You are amazing. :D

    ReplyDelete
  17. Are you tired of being human, having talented brain turning to a vampire in a good posture in ten minutes, Do you want to have power and influence over others, To be charming and desirable, To have wealth, health, without delaying in a good human posture and becoming an immortal? If yes, these your chance. It's a world of vampire where life get easier,We have made so many persons vampires and have turned them rich, You will assured long life and prosperity, You shall be made to be very sensitive to mental alertness, Stronger and also very fast, You will not be restricted to walking at night only even at the very middle of broad day light you will be made to walk, This is an opportunity to have the human vampire virus to perform in a good posture. If you are interested contact us on Vampirelord7878@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete